Hey there!

Ok, so I'm planning to restring my guitar tomorrow. I have never done that before and I have a Floyd Rose tremolo system. I think I should be fine, (if not i'll come here to complain a little ).

Anyway, I have a question related to strings, I'd like to know if there is different "sizes" for electric guitar strings, and if so does it matter in my restringing?
I mean, is there "bigger" size of strings set or it's all the same and it's just about quality? Also, how much will I pay for really good strings? Or at least, good ones?

Thank you teacher!
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
A set of strings should cost you around £6-8. If you go for a thicker gauge of strings, you'll need to adjust the trem as well.
Before you start restringing, stuff a sock in the trem cavity (towards the tail of the guitar) so the trem stays accessible. If it's your first time restringing a Floyd Rose, maybe you should let someone else do it and make note of what they do
ohai little sig.
ok thanks, i'll bring my guitar soon in the morning, hoping that someone could possibly help me. Also, I don't want heavier strings, actually I have good "metal" strings that are too thick and I'd like them to be more "slim"...is it possible? I play on a Jackson, with a Jackson neck pick-up and a seymour at the bridge...Could this change my tone to something more smooth, less agressiv?
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
Quote by Heavil
ok thanks, i'll bring my guitar soon in the morning, hoping that someone could possibly help me. Also, I don't want heavier strings, actually I have good "metal" strings that are too thick and I'd like them to be more "slim"...is it possible? I play on a Jackson, with a Jackson neck pick-up and a seymour at the bridge...Could this change my tone to something more smooth, less agressiv?

Thicker strings would make it smoother IMO.