I hear great things about this program, but what makes it so much better than other multitrack recording programs?

I understand its good for people who aren't musically inclined and you can make tracks just by using the supplies samples, but how is this program good for original artists?
-- Leader Of The UG MSN Club --

-- Member #2 Of The Brandman/Yoda Appreciation Club--
It's overrated.

My friend has it, and it seems like it takes too long to get used to it.

Audacity FTW!
Nikolas
There is nothing good about Garageband.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
It's a hip, easy-to-use, smooth, and simple multi-track recorder that is midi-capable.

It's by no means fit for pro-audio recording, it's just a light-weight tool (like a 4-track recorder) for artists to use as a musical notepad.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
It's a hip, easy-to-use, smooth, and simple multi-track recorder that is midi-capable.

It's by no means fit for pro-audio recording, it's just a light-weight tool (like a 4-track recorder) for artists to use as a musical notepad.

its fun and easy to sue for simple little recorings or covers, but by no means is it a recording tool any person in a studio would use.... its good for the "recreational musician" i suppose in thats its easy to record and editm and add backing tracks etc
Quote by HelloPorkPieHat
What is garageband?

a music recording / editing software that comes on most Mac computers.... it's nothing too technical, just a nice simple program for recording and minor editing
Quote by Daron_Malakian_
I hear great things about this program, but what makes it so much better than other multitrack recording programs?

I understand its good for people who aren't musically inclined and you can make tracks just by using the supplies samples, but how is this program good for original artists?

It is soooooo not better than a multitrack recording program.
Protools and Cubase can easily kick garageband's ass!!!!

Garageband is a sequencing program for pre-noobs who have almost no ideal bout sampling and sequencing...
Quote by af_the_fragile
It is soooooo not better than a multitrack recording program.
Protools and Cubase can easily kick garageband's ass!!!!

Garageband is a sequencing program for pre-noobs who have almost no ideal bout sampling and sequencing...

Basically me. Thats why i'm getting a mac so i can dabble deeper in music, with a pretty simple and user friendly program, also i like the 70 quid keyboard that comes with.
Garageband is good for certain things. For example, if you come up with a nice riff and you want to write it down before it falls out of your head (yes it happens quite a lot to me), I could use garageband to record it rather quickly and even add some drums and bass in a few minutes. However, when I really sit down and record, Cubase and Reason is always better.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

when i read this, i read 'garbage land'

awww i was hoping for a thread about a garbage themed amusement park
it's easy and free.

works well and came with my computer
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
yeah, garageband is alrite for beginners in sequencing and sampling...
It doesnt have any complex midi editing features (like cubase) and doesnt have any complex audio editing plug-ins (like protools).

I'm you're a complete beginner then garageband can be the right software for you as it doesnt have any complicated features and functions. Unlike something like cubase or protools which you pretty much need to learn in a sound-engineering course to properly understand the features and functions of the midi editing functions like quantize and dynamic editing features like compressors and limiters.
But then its very limited what you can do with garageband. Its definitely not something for amatures and producers but should be fine for complete beginners...