anyone know any good amps around $620 Max

thats good for Dethcore, Dethmetal, Trash Metal
and great distortion
thats good and can keep up with a Band

thanks for your suggestions
I'd go for a line 6 amp, they have a great sound and are very powerful. i have a 75 watt that i got for around $380 and its a great amp.
You will likely find only ****ty combo amps or a bottom of the line randall or crate half-stack for that. You should use that money towards a desent Head and work you way from there, Remeber you get what you pay for, so save save save I would recomend a blue voodoo, 6505, or a laney.
Quote by mr.frandy
I'd go for a line 6 amp, they have a great sound and are very powerful. i have a 75 watt that i got for around $380 and its a great amp.

No...

Quote by Amature
You will likely find only ****ty combo amps or a bottom of the line randall or crate half-stack for that. You should use that money towards a desent Head and work you way from there, Remeber you get what you pay for, so save save save I would recomend a blue voodoo, 6505, or a laney.

And no...

Please don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

You DO NOT! need a head or a half stack. Look on craigslist and ebay for used 5150 combos, it's the same as the 6505, just you can get them for $500-600 instead of the $1200 price tag of the 6505. Tube combos are the way to go, don't listen to the people above me, they are PLENTY loud enough, trust me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
No...

And no...

Please don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

You DO NOT! need a head or a half stack. Look on craigslist and ebay for used 5150 combos, it's the same as the 6505, just you can get them for $500-600 instead of the $1200 price tag of the 6505. Tube combos are the way to go, don't listen to the people above me, they are PLENTY loud enough, trust me.

Like you know the best...
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Stentroll
Like you know the best...

Um...ok? I'm trying to help the TS get the best amp he can get with his money instead of saving up more for something he doesn't need or spending it on something that he'll regret buying later.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Um...ok? I'm trying to help the TS get the best amp he can get with his money instead of saving up more for something he doesn't need or spending it on something that he'll regret buying later.

Sorry. The "don't listen to the posters above me" part just got to me. They could be right too.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
The 5150 recommendation is the best decision on your part with your budget. Look for it.
I was only refering to the fact that you don't need a stack to be heard as someone said, a combo is plently loud enough to be heard at gigs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Stentroll
Sorry. The "don't listen to the posters above me" part just got to me. They could be right too.

Yeah, but they're WRONG. Low-end Line6 amplifiers=garbage.
Quote by Stentroll
They could be right too.

they could be, but his budget is at $600, and when you have that much money, there is no reason you should be buying a Line 6

and I agree with Matrix Claw on the 5150 combo, or maybe keep saving for a used Mesa Boogie.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
they could be, but his budget is at $600, and when you have that much money, there is no reason you should be buying a Line 6

and I agree with Matrix Claw on the 5150 combo, or maybe keep saving for a used Mesa Boogie.

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by felenoral
Yeah, but they're WRONG. Low-end Line6 amplifiers=garbage.

Just because you say so doesn't mean it's right.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by _KurtCobain_77

Why isn't there a reason to buy a Line 6? Doesn't necessarily have to be a Spider.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Don't waste your money on a Line 6 Spider, they're not so bad if you buy a cheap one and you're a beginner but if you spend that much on one you'll regret it later. With a budget like yours you have many different options. The used 5150 is the best suggestion so far.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
Don't waste your money on a Line 6 Spider, they're not so bad if you buy a cheap one and you're a beginner but if you spend that much on one you'll regret it later. With a budget like yours you have many different options. The used 5150 is the best suggestion so far.

Or if you need to replace your starter pack practice amp. Just wanted to clear that out.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
save up 100 bucks more and you can buy a spanking new all tube b-52 at-100...it has crushing distortion and a beautiful clean channel that loves pedals, ...and did i mention its all tube?....and do yourself a favor....dont listen to these idiots who are suggesting line 6...the only good line 6 are the top of the line models
Quote by Stentroll
Why isn't there a reason to buy a Line 6? Doesn't necessarily have to be a Spider.

Well a Vetta is out of his price range, and why get a flextone with modelling options, when all you want is a thrashy high gain amp and the 5150 combo is in your price range?

The TS wants the most for his money, and thats what we are trying to help him get. So thanks for playing the devil's advocate, but seriously man, just let us help the TS out.

And +1 to the AT-100 suggestion
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Jul 4, 2007,
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Well a Vetta is out of his price range, and why get a flextone with modelling options, when all you want is a thrashy high gain amp and the 5150 combo is in your price range?

The TS wants the most for his money, and thats what we are trying to help him get. So thanks for playing the devil's advocate, but seriously man, just let us help the TS out.

And +1 to the AT-100 suggestion

Just please don't start with the "Line 6 sucks" thing. That's all I'm trying to prevent.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Stentroll
Just please don't start with the "Line 6 sucks" thing. That's all I'm trying to prevent.

line 6 makes great amps.....the flextone,vetta,and hd147 are awesome.....and the spider does have its place with beginners....but once the players ear for tone developes the spider will go out the window....and the high end line 6 amps are way out of his price range.......go with the 6505 or the at-100
Quote by melchia
line 6 makes great amps.....the flextone,vetta,and hd147 are awesome.....and the spider does have its place with beginners....but once the players ear for tone developes the spider will go out the window....and the high end line 6 amps are way out of his price range.......go with the 6505 or the at-100

Doesn't have to be beginners, it can also be people that would like to upgrade from their starter pack amps.
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Stentroll
Doesn't have to be beginners, it can also be people that would like to upgrade from their starter pack amps.

and you upgrading from a practice amp to a practice amp?....whats the point?
Quote by melchia
and you upgrading from a practice amp to a practice amp?....whats the point?

Stupid question. The starter pack amp sounds like crap. I bought a brand new Jackson with Seymour Duncans and all that, why should I run it through a really bad amp instead of a better one?
Quote by RiotSquad
Quote by Cameronrobson

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!