cant say im impressed to be honest, the game as a whole didnt really feel like a final fantasy. Thats not due to the new battle system (which i quite like !!) but the whole story and character development was just kinda sub par in comparison to the earlier final fantasy's.

It was good i suppose but..i was expecting alot more when i played this game and it just didnt deliver
How did it feel not having a social life for the past two months?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
I bought it the day it came out, played it for 3 hours, thought it was crap and lent it to a friend who in turn played it for three hours and thought it was crap.
true you cant really relate to Vaan or any other character like you can with Cloud or Squall and to be honest im up to yiazmat and i dont know what the story is about.I think the lack of character development really hurt this game. It was different from the others. even though i liked it doesnt come close to 6 7or 8 in my opinion but at least its not as bad as X or X-2
Quote by thewho65
If they're buying you an MG, they hate you
I love that game! lol, its x-2 that i can't bring myself to try and pass.

but FFX was great Imo, I bought it the first day it came out, and i STILL play it over and over. I bought X-2 when that came out too, thinking oh dope a sequel, but it wasn't that good. (imo)
We're Composing our funeral songs, note by note

Let the carcass of the martyr burn
Was anyone else completely f*ckin disappointed with how SHORT it was? Back to the days of the four disc ff8, anyone? This was painfully short and honestly not much of a challenge in comparison to the others. X2 was the biggest crap though, I agree with the above poster. 8 was the last great ff game.
Very subpar game. It's built around travelling endlessly and then being told to travel somewhere else...

I got to the bit where you have to go to a cave to get the Sword Of Kings and just gave up cos it sucked so much.

That was 2 months ago =]
i didnt even bother with X-2, only three characters..all of them sissy girls? i liked X but tidus voice did annoy me...

but yea, vaan is supposed to be the main character, but he NEVER talks. Perhaps if the main character was balthier or basch..or even ashe it would have been better.

lets hope XIII will be alot better, anyone seen the trailers for it? it looks insane
Stuck on a boss, i **** him over, he does spore, people go insane. Sort it out, nail him some more, the ****er does it again! will never be able to do it!
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by Xeus
i didnt even bother with X-2, only three characters..all of them sissy girls? i liked X but tidus voice did annoy me...

but yea, vaan is supposed to be the main character, but he NEVER talks. Perhaps if the main character was balthier or basch..or even ashe it would have been better.

lets hope XIII will be alot better, anyone seen the trailers for it? it looks insane

It had better look insane with PS3 selling for just under 700 bucks. If I pay 700 dollars for my console, it'd better make the games come to life in my f*cking living room.

On that note - Xbox 360.
Quote by Sense()Offender
It had better look insane with PS3 selling for just under 700 bucks. If I pay 700 dollars for my console, it'd better make the games come to life in my f*cking living room.

On that note - Xbox 360.

lol damn straight!

isnt it gonna be on 360 too?
I hear you can only get FF7 on import from Japan, and even then it only works on Japanese PS2's I'm no expert on gaming and FF dosen't really interest me, but hey, I play Kingdom Hearts so I shouldn't talk

Quote by Xeus

That whole franchise is based off of making possibly the most feminine "guys" ever

Like, what the fuck is that? Is that a guy or a girl? And the name Tiddus dosen't clear up anything either
Last edited by thewho65 at Jul 4, 2007,
Quote by thewho65
I hear you can only get FF7 on import from Japan, and even then it only works on Japanese PS2's

FF7 was a Playstation 1 game.
Maybe they can just put the series to rest. I LOVED 7 and 8, and thought 2 and 3 were fun too, but I was too little to take the seriously then lost them. D:

As much as I'd love to play a new Final Fantasy I don't have a next gen. system.

E: 10 was ok, it had it's moments but 10-2 was ****.
Last edited by Leonheart at Jul 4, 2007,
Quote by Xeus

well Balthier does keep telling everyone "I'm the leading man" wich pretty much equates to "I'm the main character, NOT Vann, I have the most in depth plotline aside from Asche!"

Vann has no place in the story at all, even penelo gets a bigger role than him cos she gets to Larsa's b****, Vann doesn't even get a rebound root from Ashe!
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by thewho65
Whatever, nerd

So... He's a nerd because you didn't know what you were talking about, but spoke on it anyway?
the only final fantasy games i liked were 7 and 8 but after watching the ending of 8 i demolished the discs, poured lighter fluid all over each disc, and then burnt them
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I liked them all except 12, that game has the most dull characters I was very dissapointed, the only thing that kept me playing was the beautiful graphics.
Quote by Sense()Offender
So... He's a nerd because you didn't know what you were talking about, but spoke on it anyway?

I was just joking...
Bought it when it came out....got to the bit where you go up to Sky Fortress Bahamut and still haven't completed it...i just can't be bothered to finish it. I don't REALLY care about the characters like in the old ones...plus it takes hours to level up once
I tried to get into the game. I really did, but it failed. I can't get myself to play the game anymore. I got to where you get Basch out of prison and returned to the main town and I just couldn't play anymore. Especially with other games coming out. (MLB 07: The Show, and soon to be NCAA Football 08)

Final Fantasy 7 was the best ever, in my opinion. It was long, grueling, and in the end it felt like it was worth it. It's hard to keep replaying that game though because the beginning of it (being in Midgar) is boring as hell, in my opinion. Great idea with the Materia in that game. That made the game so much better.

8 wasn't anything special to me. Just like Final Fantasy 12, I just couldn't get myself to play it. It bored the crap out of me.

I remember my mom bought Final Fantasy 9 for me on Christmas when it came out. I didn't even know it came out, and frankly, after Final Fantasy 8, I didn't want it. I was pleasantly surprised though. I though it was a great game. I got addicted from the start. Great ending.

In 10, I played it A LOT. I couldn't stop playing it. Even through Tidus' annoying voice, and bad personality, it was one of my favorite games to play. Now it is so old that it doesn't work anymore, so I stopped playing, obviously.
How come no love for Tactics?

I love that game to death. I mean, the translation was bad, sure. but the storyline was just amazing. Really great game.

FF7 was the first I played, and I thought it was just great. It broke , so I bought a new one, played through again, and it just got better. Coolest game ever.

I picked up tactics next, followed by 9 (by far one of the greatest games ever made). WOW is all I can say. I love every one of those characters. Fantastic characters, awesome sidequests, great card game, and excellent storyline. I don't know how they made the story so dark, with such cute characters, but they did it great here.

FFX: Good at first. Battle system was its saving grace, but I can't stand the story. Just dreadful. The whole thing was so contrived. Don't even get me started on X-2 (fap).

FF8: Meh. I liked the systems and such, but the story was mediocre at best. Haven't finished, because I CBA to go find the damn SEED ship. It's too much ****ing work.

FF6(3), the last one I got, was totally awesome. Second only to perhaps 7.

And so, the order for me goes:

7/6 (gimme a break, both excellent)
Tactics(extreme fun)/9I(I love this game to death)
X

I can't choose wheter 7 or 6 is higher, and I'd say tactics is higher or lower than 9 depending on my mood, so they tie.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
yeah dude it sucked
Pros
-Cool battle system

Cons
-Espers useless
-all the chaacters were more or less the same thing
-getting weapons was ****ing gay
-BLAAANANNNDDDDD no surprises in the story
-no break damedge/hp limit
-magic and stuff isnt as cool
-mists are ****ing stupid
-you can get gang raped so easily

in all honesty x-2 was better cuz at least theres a connection...i think enix is ****ing them up. also the main charecters arent always femineine . only Vann looked like a chick
i loved final fantasy X but thats only cuz i havent played the other ones.