hello everybody.

Just today i looked at my guitar and i just want a change on my guitar. I dont want to make it look lik the same thing. Well I've decided to add some strips on my guitar. I just need help on how can I make this perfect. Anyone know how to custom paint these strips?

Thank you

Thats wut I want to make. My guitar is originally White.

thank you.
I'm not too experienced on painting but that does look like a cool project and I wish you luck with it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
thanks bros. i got this from the original design of a Schecter Synyster Signature guitar
I think you should obviously first strip your guitar, like take off the neck all the pickups, knobs, and the jack and all that, anything you don't want painted.

And then afterwards, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but what you would do is cover the parts on your guitar you want to stay white with tape and then spray paint away, and then when you're done and it's dry you would just take the tape off...right?

I don't know, I'm not the most trustable source on painting.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I plan to do like pinstripes on my guitar. Kind of like they do on old school hot rods.
Be cool.
thanks for all your replies. I forgot to add that I dont want to lik sand all the color off. I just want add the black strips. is that possible to do???
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Han/banner_synyster.gif[/IMG]

"He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Schecter Synyster
Schecter C1-FR
Line 6 Spider II Amp
Basically dismantle our whole guitar basically so your left with a body to sand down.

Spray the whole thing black and then get fine masking tape from a body shop...and pin stripe where you want to....

The spray it all white..over the masking tape.

Then peal off the masking tape and walla.....its ready for laquer.
thank you everybody for ur replies. Im taking mostly Diekrupps advice. I think that might really help. thank you everybody. I will take pictures of the final result. this gonna be a fun project.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Han/banner_synyster.gif[/IMG]

"He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Schecter Synyster
Schecter C1-FR
Line 6 Spider II Amp
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
thanks for all your replies. I forgot to add that I dont want to lik sand all the color off. I just want add the black strips. is that possible to do???

Absolutely!

As mentioned earlier:
1. Remove all the hardware, desolder the PUs, etc. so you just have the body.
2. Scuff sand the body, as in, lightly sand with high grit sandpaper, say 800 to 1000, just to remove the glossy cover. Don't worry, it'll get glossy at the end.
3. Mask the areas that will remain white. Use painter's tape. When taping, make sure the Black paint won't seep underneath ... so go through the tape edges 3X, etc.
4. Spray the Black colorcoat 8-10 inches away ... almost just misting it. You can use Duplicolor praycan ($6) or Krylon ($3)
5. Let it dry for 1-2 hours. Gently peel off the tape, try to do it at a 45 degree angle so you don't rip the paint.
6. Wetsand very gently the demarcation line between the Black and the background. Make sure you use 2000 grit sandpaper that you've soaked for at least a day.
7. Be very gentle wetsanding the edges and keep wetting the area you're sanding. Do this until you can no longer feel the ridges.
8. Spray the clearcoat. Go over the front and back, do this 3X.
9. Wait 1 hour, do #8 2 more times.
10. Wetsand the next day with 2000 grit.
11. Do 8-10 this 2nd day.
12. Do the above the 3rd day.
13. Let it cure/harden for a month.
14. Buff it with 3m Finesse It II, available at boating or car supply stores.

BTW, post this project in the Gear Building & Customizing Forum https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Good Luck.