I've heard that the Peavey Windsor sounds like the JCM800. Is this true? I'm thinking about buying one after I make a Frankenstrat. Also, could I play it thru my AVT 50 watt combo? Thanks in advance!
Yes, it does sound like that. It's an amazing bargain amp. But no, you can't plug it into a combo amp. You could, however, wait until the combo version comes out. It's less wattage but will still be enough for gigging and has a built in attenuator.
Search butten my friend!

Alot of threads on it!

but ya as said above brilliant deal! and totally worth it!
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
Yes, it does sound like that. It's an amazing bargain amp. But no, you can't plug it into a combo amp. You could, however, wait until the combo version comes out. It's less wattage but will still be enough for gigging and has a built in attenuator.

Actually, you can easily add a speaker jack onto the existing AVT speaker and use it as a cab- as long as the speaker is high enough wattage and can match with the Windsor.
id sell the avt and buy a cab
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
maybe one of the new mc cabs would be good.

by the way, not MG, MC
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by cokeisbetter
^ Dunno, the cheap cab being the AVT? It might not work, I'm not sure. How many watts is the speaker?

What if I put a speaker in the AVT that matched or surpassed the wattage of the Windsor?
Yeah, sure. Is it a single speaker? I'm not sure how many single speakers are rated over a hundred watts, so that might be a problem.
Yeah, not sure that would work. Especially since you own the AVT 50. I've heard great things about Avatar 2x12 cabinets. In fact, someone on UG has a Windsor with an Avatar...I just can't remember who,
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
Yeah, not sure that would work. Especially since you own the AVT 50. I've heard great things about Avatar 2x12 cabinets. In fact, someone on UG has a Windsor with an Avatar...I just can't remember who,

schecter1277

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564080&highlight=peavey+windsor+crate+palomino
Call me Roche.

Quote by Dyers
wut is a luthier? im assuming it has to do with the luthern church