so what is the main difference? I know the Ibanez 808 is better than the Ibanez TS9, but how about Maxon? And how Does Maxon compare to Ibanez as far as sound quality?
Maxon was the company that originally manufactured Tubescreamers and all the other Ibanez pedals. Since Ibanez had a hissy fit and decided that they basically wanted to make Tubescreamers themselves, they pissed Maxon off and started doing excatly that. All in all, Maxon is more-so the original since they were the one's who were originally making them and they they are simply just a superior product to the new Ibanez's.

Maxon's are true bypass, contain the original Tubescreamer chip and what not. Modern Tubescreamers are still good, Maxon's are just way way better.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Maxon built Ibanez's pedals back when the TS808 and TS9 were being produced (not the reissues, the originals). They're now separate, and a bit different. The actual pedal circuitry is (I think, don't quote me on this) identical to the old ones, but they have true bypass on the newer ones, instead of the buffered switching system of the originals. I've heard nought but good about them, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying one.

EDIT: Garg, I need to learn to type faster.
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
Maxon is actually still made in the same factory as the original Ibanez pedals.

However, they make different products and are not affiliated with each other in any way.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM