I was readin through the boards today and thought to myself...theres no country music forum! Many of the other main styles of music that are associated with guitar, have their own forum, but country has been overlooked and instead is placed with rap and hip hop. These two forms of music couldnt be any more different. I just think country music was built on the acoustic guitar (now, also a ton of electric) , and has many great guitar players out there, the most obvious Brad Paisley. Also, along with that I've posted along with others, asking for Brad Paisley amp settings and effects in the gear forum, but havent gotten any answers...so if any of you country fans could help me out, I'd appreciate it, and I'm sure others will as well.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Use the searchbar, it's been an issue for a while.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
yea its utterly a shame that **** like nu-metal and emo get there own forums, but country dosent. I dont think country musics importance to the world of music can be overstated. If it wasnt for country there would be no rock n roll...simple as that...blues gets almost all the credit but it was a combination of both the blues and country. By not having a country forum UG is basically denying fans their right to discuss one of the most popular and influental genres of music.
I just don't think the demand is there. We don't have a folk either and that is a huge shame. The other forum if good for all of the genres that don't have the demand for a whole forum.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
I don't like country, but I agree it should have its own forum. Same with funk 8)
I dont really listen to that much country but then again I dont really like country but yeah it shoul have its own forum too.
No demand, not gonna happen.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by andymac2010
emo sucks and johhny cash is the only country i listen to. i think country sucks

This thread has nothing to do with emo, so stop trying to be cool by saying emo sucks, and that you like Johnny Cash because its the cool things these days...at least give a reason why you dont like country and you might get respect...I'm not saying by any means that everyone should like country, theres just gotta be a lot of country fans out there who would want their own forum, considering it is one of the most popular styles of music in the US.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by blackflag49
I keep saying, combine Nu-metal with Hardcore and give us a Country/Folk forum

I love the coutry/folk idea. I think it should be Country/Folk/Blues. Make WAY more sence that Jazz/Blues.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
diddo

but ive tried many times to get a country sub forum goin and got most my threads closed..
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"
Yeah country/folk should be a forum.

Get rid of the Nu-Metal forum...there's not much life there anyway.
I tried awhile ago, got a big response, things were looking fairly better than most times. However, Rankles gave it a big no.

Just forget about it guys.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
I tried awhile ago, got a big response, things were looking fairly better than most times. However, Rankles gave it a big no.

Just forget about it guys.

I like your sig. The better taste than you bit.

On the topic, their is really not much demand at all for country music.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Yeah, it's been tried before, but it's not looking good. I don't listen to too much Country. Just stuff like the Highwaymen (Cash, Waylon, Willie, and Kris), David Allen Coe, a little Hank Williams, some Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jason Boland, Merle Haggard, & Chris Robison. I've never been too much on a lot of it, most of it I listen to is older Country, not really a fan of much Modern Country.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by nemjeff13
This thread has nothing to do with emo, so stop trying to be cool by saying emo sucks, and that you like Johnny Cash because its the cool things these days...at least give a reason why you dont like country and you might get respect...I'm not saying by any means that everyone should like country, theres just gotta be a lot of country fans out there who would want their own forum, considering it is one of the most popular styles of music in the US.

dude emo does suck, and i'm not saying that to sound cool i really think it does. i don't know about johnny cash except he was an awesome guitarist. and i don't like country because of where i live.
Quote by cm_punk_fan
dude emo does suck, and i'm not saying that to sound cool i really think it does. i don't know about johnny cash except he was an awesome guitarist. and i don't like country because of where i live.

That is quite possibly the DUMBEST reason for not liking a type of music. If you don't have a good reason, don't say shit about it. I don't live in the "hood" but I listen to rap. I don't live in Scandinavia, but I listen to Black Metal. You're an idiot.

OMGWTFBBQ
whatever due. i don't give a flying **** what you or anyone else thinks its my opinion if you don't think broadly enough to understand you narrow minded **** sucker
Quote by cm_punk_fan
whatever due. i don't give a flying **** what you or anyone else thinks its my opinion if you don't think broadly enough to understand you narrow minded **** sucker

And what makes me the narrow minded one? You are the one who said you wouldn't listen to a type of music because of where you live.
Fission Mailed.

OMGWTFBBQ
I'm all for a country forum. I was just looking to see if they had one here.
Gram Parsons is amazing!
Rolling StonesNeil YoungBob MarleyGram ParsonsAC/DCThe beatlesChuck BerryThe WhoCreedence Clearwater Revival
Quote by cm_punk_fan

Oh , another narrow minded fool , who thinks he can judge a full genre because of his own personal taste. And Johnny Cash was hardly an amazing guitarist, as much as I am fond of him.

And to the idiot who said combine Nu-metal and Hardcore forums , how stupid are you ? The genres are nothing like each other.
There is poetry in despair.
Won't happen, just like a forum won't happen for a lot of genres. It's not a slur on the genre, it's a lack of demand.

Instead of bitching about it, why not be pro-active and see if you can get a well organised Country music thread together, with recommendations (ala Modern Rock forum) and a history, make it informative and then see if you can get a sticky in the Other forum?

Quote by fridge_raider
Oh , another narrow minded fool , who thinks he can judge a full genre because of his own personal taste. And Johnny Cash was hardly an amazing guitarist, as much as I am fond of him.

And to the idiot who said combine Nu-metal and Hardcore forums , how stupid are you ? The genres are nothing like each other.

Cash might have been an average guitarist, but his voice was one of the best country voices ever. His lyrics were his own, and he had charisma. Not just some sort of dime-store flash, but he was genuine. I feel that you over-analyze how they do on a specific instrument. Cash's songs are a whole, no-one ought to analyze them. As for Nu-metal and Hardcore......these two genres can be thrown away for all I care. They lack the quality of beauty, just a bunch of anger and chainsaw buzz.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS