Will a 120 watt tube amp be louder through a 240 watt cab than say a 150 watt cab with the volume settings the same? I know tubes sound a lot better hotter, but how quiet could I get the amp?
the cab watage is just how much it can handle

and to get it better sounding at low volumes you can get an attenuator. or if you rmap has a master volume, turn the channel volume all the way up and the use the master volume as your volume
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah the pre is basically a gain control and the post is basically volume. they both can give you more volume and gain, but basically use my first sentence as a guide. sicne the 6505 uses mostly preamp gain, i think it will sound decent at loe volumes so i woudlnt worry abotu a attenuator unless you just hate the sounde when it quiet
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣