so ive been playing for almost a year. i really like metal(megadeth, Iron Maiden)..i love to palm mute a lot. my soloing is alot like what Dave plays, example like the Holy wars solo, my soloing is alot like that.I also i use tons of Hammer on, prolly picked it up from Maiden(Dave Murray). or do i have to use a certain pedal to really produce the metal sound...cause i dont got one, all i got is a Fender 15W amp(bad, yup), but i plan to upgrade my gear later. also i will try to expand my soloing to all sorts, blues and whatnot but iam i on the right path?
uh sure, get an amp with a good high gain channel next
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
making metal is that u use lots of gain on ur distortion, to me it sounds like u need help on lead guitar...., well ur doing it right its just u use mostly the penatonic scale except lots of hammer ons and pull ofs makes it more i guess metal. but for rythm its but yet also for lead its important to have lots of gain so ur sound is more well aggresive.

mostly u will learn it from ur influences dude i learned metallica's kirks style and from there i went to santana and all them great blues ppl u should be good. but yeah u need to upgrade your amp buddy.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
yeah ive only been playing for near a year, i practice alot. Yes, i use alot of penatonic scales, but i sometimes do solo's all over. i try not to stick on one part of the guitar just doing penatonic scales....with the AMP yeah iam going to get a new one later though. i wanna get better, i dont wanna be like my friend and have a Gibson Sg and can only play Smoke on the water
lol damn that sucks ass. but yeah its just not the penatonice get some majore and minor down well the basics. i seriously dont know many scales i just play wutever sounds really good. yet i the ppl here who play guitar over here say im pretty good and i use lots of aeloion or whatever the name is and logyan or whatever mayn those names are hard to memorize. but yeah steal that foo's gibson sg! :P
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Being metal means having long hair, high gain and headbanging.
if you are doing all three, it's metal.

Really..just recycle pentatonic licks, that's what many bands do nowadays
meh
thank god there are still some original bands left in this world
How do you know if you if your making metal?

Generally speaking, if you have a blast furnace in the back yard where people regularly smelt ore to seperate the pure metal from the other, unwanted mineral deposits then you're pretty much making metal.

Serioisly, just play your guitar...don't sit there thinkin "Is this metal, is this blues", just play. If you like metal and listen to lots of it then invariably that'll come out in your playing. The only thing you need to worry about is your amp, which is bobbins. That still only affects the sound, it doesn't change what you're playing.

[quote="buckzilla
"]Metal:

Gain : 10
Low : 10
Mid : 0
High : 10

Palm Mute.

You, sir, are a mong.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by buckzilla
Metal:

Gain : 10
Low : 10
Mid : 0
High : 10

Palm Mute.

fark yeah, that was me for like 2 years

haha

learn modes
Quote by steven seagull
Generally speaking, if you have a blast furnace in the back yard where people regularly smelt ore to seperate the pure metal from the other, unwanted mineral deposits then you're pretty much making metal.

So I can carry on playing my brother's B.C Rich Bronze Series?

..aww wait a sec, I just realised that B.C Rich guitars are made from the unwanted mineral deposits
i wrote the post wrong lol, i meant how can you tell if the music your making is metal. Not if your metal lol, my bad. iam trying to learn how to solo more, cause i know most bands today have no talent. i dont know how Slipknot is "metal", the music they make is when you first pick up a guitar and learn to use 1 fingers and hit a note.
you'll know...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Invictious
Being metal means having long hair, high gain and headbanging.
if you are doing all three, it's metal.

Really..just recycle pentatonic licks, that's what many bands do nowadays
meh
thank god there are still some original bands left in this world

I'm sigging that first part. And +1 to Steven.