I get minor buzz from the 4 lowest strings pretty much all around the fretboard. And I'm not sure what I should do to the setup. String action is at just over 2mm at 12th fret. It's kinda hard to measure bow, but I can't slip a credit card under the low e string without it lifting the string a tad bit...

Help me out, what should I adjust?

I've got 10...52 strings on it...

btw. do you guys have all the strings leveled, or do you keep the string action lower on the higher strings?

EDIT: There's no buzz if I just lightly strum chords. But I play with a pretty heavy touch...
Last edited by VFlyer at Jul 5, 2007,
what type of bridge do you have?
if you cant fix it by yourself,
switching from a lighter gauge to a heavier gauge
you can cause a reverse bow in the neck.

in that case take it to your local guitar shop and have them fix it
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
hmm tune o matic
im not quite sure on exactly what a tune o matic is

is that where the bridge is sort of floating and each string sits on a little grooved piece of metal?

if thats the case, then you can adjust the total height of the strings along with individual heights.
just mess around with it
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Yea, I guess I could just raise string action... But I'm wondering if my truss rod adjustments are "perfect". Like I said, when measuring bow, I can't quite fit a credit card between the fret and the string. What should I be aiming for here?
Ok now, I lifted the string action to 3mm, no use... I'm pretty sure that it's the truss rod being a bitch. Could someone help with adjusting it?