Hey. I am about to buy a POD XT Live for my personal amusement. However, I am in doubt. Currently I own a VOX AD30VT amp. I'm getting kind of bored of it, so thats why Im buying the pod I am going to use this in recording and practicing, and maybe a bit in my band too. Should i buy a cheap tube amp(such as Fender blues jr) or a PA Speaker?
PA speaker. The tones in the POD and the Fender will clash and sound bad if you intend to use the amp models, and you'll be wasting money.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Can't comment on a pod Xt live but i have a GT8 and some of the higher gain models and suite a few of the clean amp models get a good boost from the character of my tube amp.
But yeah not everything sounds as great but i think you can find pros een cons for both.

I am also curious what other people have to say about this.
Boss GT-8 Are great value.. But lots of people waste their money on pedals like these instead of buying good amps.. Buy a bloody good amp b4 the pedal..
Will a pair of samson 50 watts monitors work good for practice and band practice? Sorry I'm kind of new to these things
call me crzy, but i thin kit sounds best through a PA system, (poweramp + cab), or a solid state amp with flat EQ, both using the POD as a complete preamp (eq, amp modeling etc)
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville