So I'm looking for a new practice amp. I had the Micro cube a while ago but I am now looking for something to use FX pedals with and the micro cube didn't like my magicstomp much....or any other FX pedal.......

So I have heard the good/bad from the Roland Cube 15 and am now looking into the cube 15X as its the upgrade. I see that its not setup like the other cube amps and so I was just wondering if this amp works better with FX pedals than all the other cube amps.

Also, if anyone knows of another, better amp out there new for $100 max than please post that.
I was looking into the Crate GT30 but MF doesn't seem to sell that any more...
It's not worth it - if anything the 15 is a step down from the Microcube, and there's no point buying it "to run pedals through" because they won't sound anywhere near as good as they're supposed to....$100 is nowhere near enough for a decent sounding amp upgrade TBH.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Cube 15x is worse than the microcube. It has no effects or models.

If you really just want something to run a multifx through, get a keyboard amp
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
The Cube 15x is worse than the microcube. It has no effects or models.

If you really just want something to run a multifx through, get a keyboard amp

Already have one, the Behringer KX1200 but its a monster 120W setup that stays in my studio.

I'm looking for something I can toss into the back of the car easily...
I'll look into keyboard amps though, thanks.

edit
the Crate KXB15 amp looks nice, a little over budget but I can have a look on ebay for it.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 5, 2007,