im about to buy a new guitar (Ibanez SAS36FM) and the neck on it has a painted finish as where my other guitar (Ibanez S470) is varnished (i think)
so i was wondering does a painted neck make any difference to how it plays/feels?
i.e. are they stickier than a non-finished neck like the one on my S470?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
I personally find that finished (painted) necks feel much stickier then unfinished ones, but it's all preference. Try one out and see how it feels
ohai little sig.
They're a little bit stickier, but rub it down with 000 steel wool and it'll be fine.

And the 470 has an oiled neck.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Dime played with painted necks. They do slow you down a bit but not enough to completly stop your hand in the middle of the neck
"...And the guy thats on the ground, that needs some help, you dont walk up and kick him. If you do that you better be wearing shoes for a while. 'Cause you know what? Trade places with him.. he'll pick you up." Stevie Ray Vaughan
Quote by Nunavut_Brown09
Dime played with painted necks. They do slow you down a bit but not enough to completly stop your hand in the middle of the neck

as good as Dime is
i much prefer Marty Friedman, Jason Becker and Yngwie Malmsteen tbh
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70