I think rap music will lean over and start using synth's and sound more electonic sounding.

Like what T.I. used in "What you know"

So Electronic rap ?
Gaycore wrestle metal is getting more popular.

People are finally starting to take it seriously.
Quote by Doolittle
Pottercore! It has sweeped myspace and next it will be your computer!

Pottercore is fucking hilarious.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I think it will be a new form of rap... some random people slurring and grunting and moaning... sort of like their own language derived from sex sounds. It will be popular with the then 90% of Americans who drop out from highschool in 2020.
microtonal. just a guess.

maybe more something in the next 15-20 years as opposed to the next year to three years. as far as that next year to three years...the whatever corporations choose to feed into the market and trickle into their "indie" labels. in my opinion, as far as true indie labels go, there's no large, single trend in music. true, there are a few trends in indie (if i had to choose one "trend" in the last few years, i'd say a resurgence in elements of post-punk), but those don't tend to affect huge scenes, and those that do have scenes tend to linger a little longer. i'd say that was the case with punk at some point, post-punk, and brit-pop.

mixing genres and crossovers...sounds about right, but that's pretty much been happening for the last 20 years hehe.

but overall, as vague as it sounds, i don't think there's any good way to predict what kind of music will become "the next new type." if you think you have an idea for what will be that new type...then go out and make it! that's the beautiful thing about being a musician as opposed to say a music critic or guru...you don't just have to listen to a type of music and speculate, because you have the power and ability to make something new.

I think it will be a new form of rap... some random people slurring and grunting and moaning... sort of like their own language derived from sex sounds. It will be popular with the then 90% of Americans who drop out from highschool in 2020.

if you've read the book, sounds like something out of Brave New World, with the sexophones and all
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
I say Death Rap.

Just a bunch of nigras jumping around and "growling" incomprehensively.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
I agree that it will be a more electronic sounding rap. Like the new Kanye West song "Stronger". But also with funk influences though.
I think that indie and alternative rock bands will continue to progressively push into the mainstream and that hip-hop and rap will begin using more electronic effects, but I still expect hip-hop to be more popular.

I imagine at some point there will be a breakthrough and a dramatic chance will occur. I imagine that when/if a third Wolrd War breaks out that folk music and songwriters will be pushed into the public eye, but that most people won't care for that genre at all.
O come on, everyone knows old school rock and roll will be making a comeback any year now
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
Folk Punk
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Um...

You're a bit late on that one....
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Quote by Stealthtastic
Rap/metal Aka Rapcore or Nu Metal =)

nu-metal is dead. it ain't coming back, mate.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by binjajer
I say Death Rap.

Just a bunch of nigras jumping around and "growling" incomprehensively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Rap
N00b.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by rabidguitarist
nu-metal is dead. it ain't coming back, mate.

Thank God
I haven't heard of death classical orchestra with a crazy vocalist/conductor
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
I'd say ambient/chillout stuff. Groove Armada are getting pretty big now...

Stuff along the lines of Lemonjelly, King Raab, Bonobo (I saw him/them live!) etc.

Although if you consider that guitar based music may become almost obsolete in the near future (Don't ban me, please) I would like to think that Jazz would rule once again.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
think it will be hippie music hopefully! please be a blend of muse and hendrix
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
D-d-d-d-d-dubstep fo sho.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Tool and Isis type prog hopefully. Or post-rock in the style of Godspeed you! black emperor or A silver Mt.zion.
Just listen to the band Subtle. they're the most futuristic sounding band ever.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I'd like to see some sort of genuine raga-rock movement, something more widespread than the Indian-influenced song or two back in the 60s. Or heck, psychadelia in general would be an interesting subject for a revival....