Well my sony has broken twice sinec I bought it (one year and 5 months ago approx) and it just broke, and i brought it in for repairs to find that

-It's off warranty
-they don't make parts for it anymore
-a whole board needed to be replaced and apparently "we probably wouldnt want to get it repaired with the price of the board"
-so practically its junk, they told us that.

It's stupid, you know you pay over 200$ for an mp3 player expecting it to last, and it breaks after just ONE YEAR!!!

It just doesn't make you happy to find out that you've practically been screwed over by a big corporation thats supposed to make quality products. The lady told us with the price of the board that we would be better off buying another mp3 player with 1 year warranty.

Yeah... Oooooookay, who the hell buys a new mp3 player every year?
Its nutty and im not happy.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Jul 5, 2007,
if u like 2 complain so much, go out there make ur own company produce the best mp3 player ever and make every1 happy.
Quote by Lethal.7
if u like 2 complain so much, go out there make ur own company produce the best mp3 player ever and make every1 happy.

Maybe I just will.

BTW nice use of numbers.
Quote by lackofcolor
Get with the times and Buy a Nano.

I'm thinking of it, but seeing as how apple doesn't cover alot of things on warranty I'm not sure about it. I want something small for biking, the Sony was perfect for that cause it fit in my pocket nicely, and it was thick. I thought it would be perfect.

I'm also thinking of looking at some Creative Zen's or whatever those are... I hear they are good?
Buy a Sandisk Sansa mp3 player and the 1 year warrenty. $80 2GB mp3 player+$20 1 year warrenty=kick ass.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I'm getting a zen with my next paycheck. I've just heard iPods break down too much and iPod's are better with macs and Creative is better with PC so just go with whatever you want.

EDIT: ^ Don't get a 2GB mp3 player. Your music library will eventually go up and you'll have to go out buy another one. Besides, it's only like $110 more to go from 2GB to 30GB.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I bought a Creative Zen Vision M 30Gb with my last (and 1st) pay. Its working well.

I had a Sony 256mb MP3 player and it didn't break, even after accidentally falling into tea, and its still working a year and a 1/2 later, though i got a Zen for video play and because my music library has expanded largely since I get the Sony. The only thing that kept breaking for me was the headphones but they only cost 5 pounds for a new Sony pair of headphones.
Buy a Zen.
My iPod may as well of exploded.
30gb ipod, spent about £200 on it coz i got it when it first came out. The warranty ran out and it just stopped god damn working...
My mp3 player was 2 gigs, although I have over 20 gigs of music on my computer, I might be looking into something with a big more space so I can actually find new music that I have without sitting on my computer looking through my library hours on end. I have heard good things about zens. I don't know I was just warning people with this thread, to watch out of they are going to stop making parts for it or something.
Quote by Joe-Fish
I'm getting a zen with my next paycheck. I've just heard iPods break down too much and iPod's are better with macs and Creative is better with PC so just go with whatever you want.

EDIT: ^ Don't get a 2GB mp3 player. Your music library will eventually go up and you'll have to go out buy another one. Besides, it's only like $110 more to go from 2GB to 30GB.

I have 202 songs on it right now and I have 1.23GB left.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
So my dad contacted sony and they are most likely replacing it now, my dads winning so all's good
Quote by AthenasGhost
Well my sony has broken twice sinec I bought it (one year and 5 months ago approx) and it just broke, and i brought it in for repairs to find that

-It's off warranty
-they don't make parts for it anymore
-a whole board needed to be replaced and apparently "we probably wouldnt want to get it repaired with the price of the board"
-so practically its junk, they told us that.

It's stupid, you know you pay over 200$ for an mp3 player expecting it to last, and it breaks after just ONE YEAR!!!

It just doesn't make you happy to find out that you've practically been screwed over by a big corporation thats supposed to make quality products. The lady told us with the price of the board that we would be better off buying another mp3 player with 1 year warranty.

Yeah... Oooooookay, who the hell buys a new mp3 player every year?
Its nutty and im not happy.

year and a half is quite good for a mp3 player

Quote by AthenasGhost
My mp3 player was 2 gigs, although I have over 20 gigs of music on my computer, I might be looking into something with a big more space so I can actually find new music that I have without sitting on my computer looking through my library hours on end. I have heard good things about zens. I don't know I was just warning people with this thread, to watch out of they are going to stop making parts for it or something.

GIG NOT GIGS!!!!!