Hey, whats that effect/distortion that Jack uses on a lot of the White Stripes newer songs like I'm Slowly Turning Into You, Icky Thump, and Conquest? It sounds really "dirty." I have a Fender Frontman 25R, and an RP200A. (I know )

Any help is appreciated. Thanks...
I dont know the songs you've mentioned, but judging the older stripes albums I have and you mentining a "dirty sound", its fuzz all the way. There should be a fuzz setting on your digitech, play around with that.
Jack White uses an EH USA Big Muff. I know for sure that on "I'm Slowly Turning Into You" his guitar is going through an EH HOG guitar synth that can harmonize the guitar like two, three, four octaves down. Gives it a really really thick sound. But to get his kinda harsh fuzz, go with the muff and mess with your amp settings.
I know he uses an electro harmonix big muff, if you can try getting your hands on one of them youll get something close. Never used an RP so cant help there but look into the muff.

PS If you have a dirty mind that sounds funny but maybe thats me
Peavey Valveking 112
PRS Tremonti SE
Yamaha CPX 700
OLP MM 2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Orange mini crush
Boss DS - 2
Boss CE - 5
Boss DD - 3
no offense, but i like to just try to figure this kinda stuff out myself , cuz i usually come across some other cool sounds in the proses.
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
Quote by nathhannn.
I know he uses an electro harmonix big muff, if you can try getting your hands on one of them youll get something close. Never used an RP so cant help there but look into the muff.

PS If you have a dirty mind that sounds funny but maybe thats me

Haha. Thats exactly why I put dirty in quotations. I didn't want anyone to be like "Oh baby, dirty sounds."
You can get distortion from anything, but Jack's gritty, grinding tones mainly come from his Silvertone amps. Yes, he uses distortion, but it's pushing those old, cheap amps that gives his tone its edge.
I personally hate JW's tone but each to his own...
In a recent issue of Guitarist they recommended: Gain 10 | Volume 4 | Bass 10 | Mid 10 | Treble 10 | Reverb 0 - Guess he EQs it like that to push the amp a little harder.
Hope that helps in some way.
Quote by pEdAl2
I personally hate JW's tone but each to his own...
In a recent issue of Guitarist they recommended: Gain 10 | Volume 4 | Bass 10 | Mid 10 | Treble 10 | Reverb 0 - Guess he EQs it like that to push the amp a little harder.
Hope that helps in some way.

^Why does he have to make a second post when you can just re-read his first?
he uses a combo of fender twin reverbs and cranked silvertone
that gives his gritty sound
and then for crazy distortion (ball and biscuit) it's the big muff
For the conquest kinda tone I would try a fender blender. I have used one and you can get a much harsher fuzz from it.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
its pre-1970 gear with pretty much everything on 10 - i can get close like that - pure roaring raw tone!