no save just a few hundred more and get a peavey windsor halfstack, or a nice tube combo.
If your dream is to have sh!tty tone then get it...

You really don't need a halfstack... a good tube combo will the trick just fine and better
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Jul 5, 2007,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...tack?sku=487796

Great deal huh

should i go with it?

That's the musical equivalent of having a wet dream about Rosie O'Donnel...please don't make it a reality.

Get something, well, good...decent tube combo as opposed to a cruddy, overpriced SS stack. Yes, it'll look good but it'll sound piss poor.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Newbs, they are teh funnyz!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by steven seagull
That's the musical equivalent of having a wet dream about Rosie O'Donnel...please don't make it a reality.

Get something, well, good...decent tube combo as opposed to a cruddy, overpriced SS stack. Yes, it'll look good but it'll sound piss poor.

post of the century! (i'd sig it but then i'd never get the image out of my head!)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And I might kill you.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And why would u jump from a 15 watter to a half stack.
My Rig:
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge SE w/ EMG 81/85
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals
Digitech Grunge Distortion

Pyromaniac of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club.
what music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Don't buy it, and fix your sig please...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
half stack =\= good!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Right dude I'd be careful of the "advice" this lot are giving you they all seem to be on the "solid state is **** cause its solid state" ,,, meaning they probably dont have the slightest idea what the difference between a solid and a valve amp is

Having tried both types myself i think theres nothing wrong with solid state its still personal preference, where as a solid state doesn't give you the "natural" sound you get from a valve amp a solid state can still give you a solid tone

You just need to try it out and see if you like it

Just cause its digital doesnt mean its bad
I believe that most of us said that because, 1: its a low end crate, and 2: it seems common sense that a $400 half stack gets what you pay for...sh!t
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Buy it, If it's a dream of yours, Then live it..... I've made more than a few $400 mistakes in my life and learned alot each time!
Prong =
Quote by sajuuk
"solid state is **** cause its solid state" ,

Nobody said that. They were directing there flamethrowers toward the amp and not all solid states in general. And i agree solid states arent that bad, i use them for jazz so i do not get any break up so my cleans are pure.

As for the amp, i would not recommend it. Theres a reason why its $400. I would recommend a nice tube amp, But it really depends on the style you play.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Had the same stack before, lets just say that bitch flew out the window. And trust me it isn't cuz I am a bad player because I am above average, it's just a really loud piece of ****.

Cheers on the Rosie O'D bashing, hate that bitch.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by icedog41
HEy guys can u give me a list of tube amps
for like 250 to 500 dollars

Hahaha. Good chance. You might find 2 tube amps for that and they'll be pieces of **** like the the Crate. Buy a bigger, solid state combo amp. Solid state amps are not bad, but tube amps are definitely better.You don't really have the money for a tuber, though, it seems.

Go to GC and try out some amps and don't buy the first thing you see.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
u can get a $500 tube amp used.

but i dont think he's said what type of music he plays yet. maybe i missed it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Bassman86
Hahaha. Good chance. You might find 2 tube amps for that and they'll be pieces of **** like the the Crate. Buy a bigger, solid state combo amp. Solid state amps are not bad, but tube amps are definitely better.You don't really have the money for a tuber, though, it seems.

Epi Vj
Crate Palomino
Fender Blues Jr.
used Peavey Classic 30/Fender Hot Rod/Blues Deluxe.... the list goes on and on and on
There are plenty of good tube amps in that price range, and more pop up every day.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I've played through one of those before. They're big, but surprisingly not very loud for a half stack... I can overpower it with my 112 combo. Although my 112 combo is unnaturally loud...

+1 Peavey Classic 30, my band's other guitarist has the 50w 2x12, it's pretty hawt.
If you must get a crate halfstack, get a flexwave. But your best off avoiding alll solid state halfstacks other than the Line 6 Flextone II, HD-147, Vetta II, Randall V2, T2. There are a few others that are decent but they aren't worth mentioning when compared to those above.

A used 40-100 watt tube combo would suit all of your needs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by steven seagull

post of the century! (i'd sig it but then i'd never get the image out of my head!)

try to get this out of your head, I haven't been able to since seeing it on HC.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by icedog41
HEy guys can u give me a list of tube amps
for like 250 to 500 dollars

NEW:
$200
Fender Champion 600
$250
Epiphone Valve Jr. + Cab
$400
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate Palomino V16
$500
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
*sorry i dunno bout peaveys...

Used:
Peavey 5150, JCM900, all that good stuff.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
randall G3 150 watt head, power house, tube, rediculously loud, good tone, barely any feedback. Vox makes nice tube combos, as does Randall, two companies to look into for your first tube amp.
fight the power that be
Quote by Erock503
try to get this out of your head, I haven't been able to since seeing it on HC.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Guitarzan1143
randall G3 150 watt head, power house, tube, rediculously loud, good tone, barely any feedback. Vox makes nice tube combos, as does Randall, two companies to look into for your first tube amp.

That Randall G3 isn't all that great. Their higher end models on the other hand are amazing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yea.. i'd be a little suspcisious if i was gonna be getting a halfstack for less than $600 new..

but $300 for a half stack delivered to your door?? it sounds like they're just trying to clear room for other amps that might be worth something.

besides the GT series is fairly entry level stuff. since you're saying you're pretty good and playing in a band. you'll want an amp that'll compliment your playing and style. not just make you 'louder'
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Bassman86

Ehh... Bull ****ing ****. Just look at used amps. I have a 1964 all tube (And I mean all tube, that means the rectifier too) Klemt Echolette BS-40 40 watt head w/ a matching cab. It's a JTM-45 copy, and to be honest - I'm starting to like it more than my JCM800.

EDIT: Crap, missed the point. I got it for 300$. See? It's possible, you just have to have some brains and know a good deal when you see one.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Most of the cheaper solid state amps seem to sound muddy and muffled in band situations. I have an older crate that I really like so I am not a basher. The newer ones sound ok in the garage but I wouldn't use one in a band. You can get a decent tube amp for your budget. I have been playing since 1969 so please take my advice into consideration. Try to get tube you won't regret it later.