i have a floating trem (at least i'm almost positive i do) and it has recently started raising up far enough to where i can't really even play with it. i took the strings off and unscrewed a few things and it helped a ton. my question is, how can i stop it from doing it again?
well the bridge is okay now but hold on i will get pics

edit: here's a camera-phone pic, btw my guitar is a mexican strat, everything stock

Last edited by MetallicaNRoses at Jul 5, 2007,
mines done the same but im not to bothered cos im getting new ibanez s prestige soon lol but still can i ask you does your trem feel stiff to use u know like low pitch bending is it hard to press cos i can barely move mine n i have loosened it off loads
My Gear
-----------------------
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Gould G-15 Practice amp(Loud though)
Behringer FX100
Wetern Acoustic
Spanish Acoustic
that doesnt look like a floyd rose to me maybe its just the size of the pic, looks like a standard fender trem
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
That's not a floating bridge, it's a vintage trem. If it lifted it's probably because you put higher gauge strings on it, either tighten the springs in the back cavity or add more springs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's a 6-point synchronized Vintage trem. So no floating trem for you. It's just a one-way tremolo. If it goes too far up, then just tighten the springs in the back cavity.

EDIT: STEVEN! Again, you beat me to it!
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Ah, but your description is sounds much cleverer than mine
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com