Well first off my squire strat has had some problems making sound. It can be really low and barely pick up any sound and cant do pinch harmonics, and there is no sustain and sometimes it will be fine, but most of the time it work properly. So my question is what is wrong with it? Also i have a friends squire strat and he gave me his pick-ups so if i them would it fix the problem? And how hard is it to change pickups?

Thx for any help!
Pickup changing is an easy job, but you can't expect much power, bass and decent harmonics from those crappy stock singlecoils. My advice? Get some singlecoil-sized humbuckers (EMGs for instance)
ohai little sig.
yea. crappy stock singlecoils suck. but EMGs aren't humbuckers. it has a humbucking effect, but i think we should say... active pickup.

my suggestion: a hot rail from seymour duncan might work.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Do i need any special tools for changing pickups? Also im not lookin to upgrade my strat, just make it work properly since i already have replacement pickups . And where can i find info on changing strat pick ups?
oh... just soldering. go to SeymourDuncan.com and look for the "how to" on installing new pickups.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard