how do i tune to this, im kind of new to guitar, so i dont know, im tryin to play sweet child of mine, and thats the the tuning it says its in.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
you tune half a step down, so instead of E being E its E flat or D sharp however you want to look at it. so just do that for every string
Christian
if you want to play that song.. just move everything to the left 1 fret.. and it sounds pretty close to the same
simple:

take your guitar, hit the 4th fret of the low e string, and tune your a string to that. your a string should now be a G# or Ab. hit the 5th fret on your low e string and tune the E string accordingly...

the rest is easy. tune every string after Ab to the 4th fret like you're tuning it regularly
Quote by Benjibum
I know you not, but speak to my very heart you do.

I have that effect on people
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GO SENS GO!
tune every string down a halfstep.

what i do is tune the low E string so that the sixth fret sounds exactly the same as the A string, then tune normally from there
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Nathan Milley
if you want to play that song.. just move everything to the left 1 fret.. and it sounds pretty close to the same

you are screwed tho if there are open notes
Quote by Nathan Milley

It isn't close to the same. It is the same, pitch-wise. If you know how to tune by ear, tune your sixth fret on the Low E string to the A string. That'll get you your Eb. Then you tune your A according to the fifth fret on the E. Then you tune your D to the fifth fret on your A, the G on the fifth fret of the D, the B to the fourth fret on your G, and finally, the E to the fifth fret on your B. You'll end up in an approximate Eb tuning. It won't be perfect, but it'll work.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90