what is the difference between the epi les paul standard plain top and the lp classic?
as far as i kno the LP classic has a more "classic" finish and different pickups
classic has higher output pickups.The inlays are greenish,the standard has a flame top and burstbucker pro humbuckers.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
Quote by Hernan_lp
classic has higher output pickups.The inlays are greenish,the standard has a flame top and burstbucker pro humbuckers.

Last time I checked, Epiphones didn'' come with burstbucker pros....
Be cool.
They could be talking about gibsons, instead of epiphones
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Quote by Chuckleberry
They could be talking about gibsons, instead of epiphones

The TS clearly stated Epiphone.
Be cool.
sorry I was talking about the gibsons.I didnt see it sayed epi.Sorry

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
the difference that guitarcenter chat give me was that the top is not curved in plain top like it is i standard im seriously thinking about getting plain top because it is 100 bucks less and because the reviews are exelent .
epi classic has a thinner neck profile along with uncovered pickups. Newer epi classics seem to have a nice quilt top. Gibson LP classics have the green inlays while epi LP classics are the same mother of pearl inlays that the standard has. For the difference of 100 between the standard n the classic i went with the LP classic (although that could also be because i didn't like the standards neck thickness much)