Hi i want to buy a gibson.What is the difference from the gibson santard model from gibson santard faded model?
Is The gibson standard faded model good for Hardrock Metal playing?

CHEERS
The logo is a decal.I asked gibson and they sayed it was true.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
Quote by Hernan_lp
The logo is a decal.I asked gibson and they sayed it was true.

ewwww
Be cool.
the standard has a solid paint job, trapazoid inlays,different neck p/u neck pickup is a 490 in faded and 498 in standard, and binding, im pretty sure the pickups were 490s for both bridge pickups, both are great guitars, and a decal logo will in no way effect any bit of tone so whats it matter, if its even true, our gibson rep may have something to say,
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
The fadeds feel much cheaper to me... I'd personally just save up and go with a used standard.
its a gibson man, ur buying a guitar that i and prolly alot of people cant afford. its a great guitar,my spoiled friend has one. its a awesome guitar but the neck is heavy!
579.99 is hardly an expensive guitar, you get gibson quality and tone at a fair price, i like standards, but my buddy is an SG freak, he has 4 standards, 2 faded and he always plays the faded ones live since he can replicate his tone and not ding and scratch up his standards
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
579.99 is hardly an expensive guitar, you get gibson quality and tone at a fair price, i like standards, but my buddy is an SG freak, he has 4 standards, 2 faded and he always plays the faded ones live since he can replicate his tone and not ding and scratch up his standards

he means the les paul standard faded that goes for 1600

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder