Hey,

There are at least 2 (might be adding more) songs on this site, Listen and Critique if you don't mind.

I've only been playing a year or so, these are some of the first songs I've written, I have a few others but need to tweak them some.

I know the recording is crap... that's what happens when you have to use a logitech mic, and are playing an acoustic, so you have no loudness.

And I can't sing, nor do I have a gift for writing lyrics... I can barely speak English... so just listen and tell me what you think.

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention, these are fairly quick recordings as I just got the mic, so I know there are some mistakes in them (as far as some dead notes, or fingers slipping), but I'm just going for overall impression, as I will be working on playing the songs perfectly soon.

Thanks,

-ZC

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=722191
sounds pretty good man, keep it up
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
Thanks for the crit on my stuff!
Considering that you used a Logitech mic, i wont be a pest about the quality of the recording. Musically, i loved the chords in "The Plains, They Float", and it flows together really nicely. It's a really good song, I'd love for it to be recorded again once you've got better equipment. I feel like it needs vocals to go with it, too. As is, though, i think it's great. Especially considering that you've only been playing for a year.

Onto "Enter the Cave". I love the contrasting harmonies between the individually picked notes in the beginning. This song has a similar feel to the other, but it's got a much darker spin on it. Once again, I feel like it needs vocals, or something more, but it's very nice as is. I really like the pick-up in tempo at 1:09. The intervals you use seem to be pretty uncommon, but i really really like them. They give a bit of dissonance without being overpowering.

Good stuff...good stuff. I liked 'em both, keep it up
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Quote by ZanasCross
Hey,

There are at least 2 (might be adding more) songs on this site, Listen and Critique if you don't mind.

I've only been playing a year or so, these are some of the first songs I've written, I have a few others but need to tweak them some.

I know the recording is crap... that's what happens when you have to use a logitech mic, and are playing an acoustic, so you have no loudness.

And I can't sing, nor do I have a gift for writing lyrics... I can barely speak English... so just listen and tell me what you think.

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention, these are fairly quick recordings as I just got the mic, so I know there are some mistakes in them (as far as some dead notes, or fingers slipping), but I'm just going for overall impression, as I will be working on playing the songs perfectly soon.

Thanks,

-ZC

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=722191

You've got some awesome playing there dude. I use a logitech mic and Audacity as well, but I'm getting my stuff recorded soon, so hopefully that helps out the sound quality of mine. if you'd like to check it out, www.myspace.com/lostcityradio, though it isn't technical at ALL.
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Cherry Sunburst)/Alvarez Acoustic/Electric cutaway
Amp - Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30W
Effects - Boss OS2/Boss DD6 Digital Delay/Digitech RP50

lost city radio. (acoustic)

Songs
Substance and Color
Enter the caves reminds me of acoustic Opeth... cool stuff. Love the dark feel. Can't say much, except you are off time in a few places with the strumming, but nothing major.

The Plains was the exact opposite feeling-wise, but again very awesome. Both are good songs. But I do feel like they need vocals. The music just doesnt do enough to carry the entire song.
Yeah, as far as vocals go... I have NO talent at all... I'd like to find someone with talent for it, and maybe try messing around with me playing some of the tunes I have, with them singing over it...

I feel like I could be a good back-up guitarist... so that's mostly what I try to play...

Thanks for the feedback though... and, I will work on getting my playing (strumming, deadnotes, etc...) up to speed... then maybe I can actually get the songs to sound as good as they do in my head.

If anyone wants a Crit... just post or PM me, I owe you one if you Crit me.
as with my music, it would be better with vocals but i still liked it.. pretty smooth playing, overall good work.. keep it up

and thanks for checking mine out.. later man
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
not my style, kinda repetitive. work on some more non-generic leads/chords/picking. its a good start and could be awesome.
fight the power that be
Overall, pretty good stuff. I much preferred 'The Plains, They Float' over 'Enter The Cave' - probably becuase it's closer to the type of thing I'd listen to. It flows quite well and seems quite well-thought-through to me. The chords and progressions are fairly simple but this seems to work in your advantage. Unlike 'Enter The Cave', however, the music wasn't consistently interesting enough to sustain a great deal of interest in the piece. As previously mentioned, vocals would greatly improve this and it definitely sounds like it would make quite a good song.

'Enter the cave' was good - it's just not the type of thing I'd listen. Your progressions and chord choices were very interesting and suiting to the piece. The dissonant chords were pretty effective as well. You use your ideas really well in this piece and it seems quite well composed. I wasn't a big fan of the strumming at around 1:10 but apart from that there's not a lot I would change. You could maybe explore dynamic contrast a bit more as it would definitely help heighten the atmosphere of the piece.

Overall, pretty good stuff. As mentioned, vocals would definitely help to keep the listener's interest in the piece. Try experimenting with multilayered acoustic parts if you don't want vocals. The playing throughout was great, especially considering the length of time you've been playing.

..and thanks for the crit on my piece!
Thanks for the crit on my work.
I think i prefered The Plains, but i liked the riff at 1.20 on Enter the Cave.
I think Plains worked better as a whole, it flowed better than Cave, but that just depends on how long you've been practicing each song (or like me you can practice all you want but as soon as you hit record, something makes you screw up).
So overall good, keep it up.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Overall, pretty good stuff. I much preferred 'The Plains, They Float' over 'Enter The Cave' - probably becuase it's closer to the type of thing I'd listen to. It flows quite well and seems quite well-thought-through to me. The chords and progressions are fairly simple but this seems to work in your advantage. Unlike 'Enter The Cave', however, the music wasn't consistently interesting enough to sustain a great deal of interest in the piece. As previously mentioned, vocals would greatly improve this and it definitely sounds like it would make quite a good song.

'Enter the cave' was good - it's just not the type of thing I'd listen. Your progressions and chord choices were very interesting and suiting to the piece. The dissonant chords were pretty effective as well. You use your ideas really well in this piece and it seems quite well composed. I wasn't a big fan of the strumming at around 1:10 but apart from that there's not a lot I would change. You could maybe explore dynamic contrast a bit more as it would definitely help heighten the atmosphere of the piece.

Overall, pretty good stuff. As mentioned, vocals would definitely help to keep the listener's interest in the piece. Try experimenting with multilayered acoustic parts if you don't want vocals. The playing throughout was great, especially considering the length of time you've been playing.

..and thanks for the crit on my piece!

What is Dynamic Contrast?