I'm making this thread for a friend, his budget is $300-500 and he wants heavy enough distortion to play Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb Of God, Pantera, Metallica, Trivium........**** like that. Suggestions?
peavey windsor
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
peavey windsor

no.

used peavey XXX or used peavey 5150.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I'm talking to him on msn and he says he won't buy used, sorry, any other suggestions?
he won't go used?

then no, there's nothing really that good for metal in that price range. unless it's a smaller solid state combo like a roland cube or vox valvetronix.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Why not used? I dont understand this course of thought,
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
lol To be honest hes a flaming idiot, i tried to get him to look at some used, not working, he says that combos aren't "metal" lol ha......idiot.
If he doesn't buy used, all that he'll get is some crappy solid state stuff

Well, the Roland Cubes are pretty good, as are Vox Valvetronix's. But he can get infinitely better stuff used.
you're friend is a retard. how are combo's not metal? it's the same amp, just with the speakers built in.

and a half stack for that much is going to be absolute ****. there's no other way to put it than it's going to be a total waste of cash.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Buy a head for that price then save up for a cab. Better than blowing $500 on something he will want to replace in about 6-8 months
^ you can't play with just the head, it'd be a waste just sitting there.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Well he has a cab, and yes hes a retard, considering he doesn't play in a band and wants a halfstack. I told him combos are the same amp just with speakers, and he says "no its not dude, they sound completely different"..........................i need new friends lol
I got a Line 6 spiderII 212 for about £300. Its ok if your want full on metal power chords but pretty crappy for soloing or anything with much technique. I would rather go for a Marshall Stack and just customize with my own pedals cos the preamp models arent great and it can take you a while to get a the right tone. I play quite alot of metal which the amp is great for ( songs like master of puppets and pull on the strings of your martyr) but i get pretty pissed off when its soloing time. I had a budget and now i wished i just saved up for something mcuh better. Check it out any way. Good luck.

they sound completely different?

O_o

jesus tap dancing christ.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by rich1710
I got a Line 6 spiderII 212 for about £300. Its ok if your want full on metal power chords but pretty crappy for soloing or anything with much technique. I would rather go for a Marshall Stack and just customize with my own pedals cos the preamp models arent great and it can take you a while to get a the right tone. I play quite alot of metal which the amp is great for ( songs like master of puppets and pull on the strings of your martyr) but i get pretty pissed off when its soloing time. I had a budget and now i wished i just saved up for something mcuh better. Check it out any way. Good luck.

both the spider II and the marshall MG are utter ****.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by gpderek09

they sound completely different?

O_o

jesus tap dancing christ.

haha thats great, he said ur an asshole, i think hes a lost cause, thanx for trying guys, i will never make a thread for any of my idiot friends again for your sake. lol
Quote by a_hub10
haha thats great, he said ur an asshole, i think hes a lost cause, thanx for trying guys, i will never make a thread for any of my idiot friends again for your sake. lol

tell him i said best of lucky sorting through the pieces of **** amps he's going to go through before he realizes i was right.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

yeah don't read the thread or anything bro.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by a_hub10
Sounds like a great guy

Tell him that if he thinks that stacks and combos are completely different then he's an idiot. And that he really can't get much for 300-500 without buying used. That is all
tell him to buy an MG full stack... it sounds like he wont know the difference anyway, and itll be funny
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Tell him to get an MG head. A few months later when he's complaining about the crappy tone. Tell him "I SAID SO"
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
i agree with derek's suggestion of a used 5150 or xxx. If he absolutely, positively, adamantly won't go used, I think he could do a lot worse than a peavey windsor with an EQ pedal in the loop. Which is what i'd probably go for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by a_hub10
lol To be honest hes a flaming idiot, i tried to get him to look at some used, not working, he says that combos aren't "metal" lol ha......idiot.

Tell him he is not metal, he likes Avenged Sevenfold and they are ****.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
^ to be honest, if he's that stupid, best to cut your losses and tell him to get a peavey windsor (with a different cab, and EQ pedal). it's not the best amp for modern metal, but it's a lot better than he'd probably end up with if left to his own devices.

or you could just let him get what he wants and have a laugh later.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
O he ordered his Crate Fullstack this morning lol i can't wait, its gonna sound like **** up against my Vox.
well, i guess you just proved my first paragraph right.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?