For the Frankenstrat I'm saving up for to build, I'm pretty fixed on getting a Wilkinson tremelo for it. How well do they stay in tune (with locking tuners and graphite nut)?
They are pretty stable.
With a good nut and nice tuners, it should hardly go out of tune even after some whammy wankage.
It's actually spelled tremolo. But the trem you get really doesn't matter if you have locking tuners or a locking nut. And that would be a nice addition to your 'frankenstrat' I would imagine.
Possessed? Of course I am.

Quote by Demonikk
^^Apart from the MGs :P
They just drop outta Jim Marshall's ass
Quote by ZinkMonster
It's actually spelled tremolo. But the trem you get really doesn't matter if you have locking tuners or a locking nut.

That's a lie and I hope you realise that. TS take note that is not true.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I use a vintage style strat tremolo with vintage style tuners. My bridge is set to full float and I have never had any tuning problems. Any guitar that's taken care of and set up properly will stay in tune. The Wilk is a great choice if you don't want to deal with a Floyd.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
That's a lie and I hope you realise that. TS take note that is not true.

agreed wholeheartedly. the quality of the trem matters a lot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As long as the strings slide through the nut a wilkinson tremolo would work great.

You might want to get an LSR Roller nut, or see if one would fit; they work wonders on strats.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio