i'm looking at an active bass for my next one [namely the stiletto] and i'd just like to know how long you can go before the battery dies.
i'm a total noob when it comes to active basses by the way
just carry a spare battery in your case or something
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
mine on my guitar lasted a year and most of the time i left it plugged in so the batter ran the hole time so you can go pretty damn long
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
mine hasent died since i got my active emgs which was sometime before winter
(signature removed, please choose another)
Just make sure you don't leave it plugged in while playing and you should get (depending on the quality of the battery) around 1,200 hours out of it.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
i have a traben phoenix, and anytime i leave it plugged in overnight, the battery dies.

even when i don't, the battery needs changing every 1-2 weeks.

is that... normal?
I have a bass with 18V electronics. I bought it last August and I have yet to change the batteries.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
batteries will probably last about a year or at least 8 months

eltrentoro you might want to get youre bass looked at
are you useing high brand like energizer or duracell? you might want to try those batteries that are "Extra long lasting" the E^2 lithium or whatnot

also you should consider switching to 18V operation. does youre bass sound a tad fuzzy/distorted even after swiching to fresh batteries?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
So long as you have a stereo jack, the batteries only drain when you have a chord pluged in.

And at the very least (rubbish batteries, pushing the circuit as hard as it can go) you will be measuring use in hundreds of hours. So with 2 hours a day (average) you might get nearly a year out of it. Just carry a spare battery of you, have an active passive switch, or both to be safe.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1