I've been working on the song Seek and Destroy by Metallica and i've been having trouble keeping up with the song because my hand gets ridiculously tired.....i've been working on my alternate picking but i have a lot of trouble doing it on the low E string throughout the chorus and verse riff, so i just downpick....is my worn out hand/fingers because of the lack of alternate picking or is it because i just havent built the endurance yet?
MY GEAR:
Fender Strat
Digitech RP250
Squier sp10 amp
i know that song and i downpick the open E might be the endurance i think downpicking the open sounds better anyway just alternate every thing else specially the solo
i downpick everything except the solo
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Both, actually. Use whatever method that feels more comfortable, though.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Don't tense up your hand. It sounds like you are all tensed up, which makes you get tired quickly. Play with a soft touch. Hold the pick enough to keep it from falling out, but not any harder. You don't have to hit the string hard either. Soft and relaxed is the key. If you keep playing all tensed up, you will injure yourself.
just keep practicing your alternate picking.

btw, most metallica stuff is all downpicking
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
learn alternate picking
it will be more helpful in the long if ever you decide to branch out in different styles and such
and faster music means you have to play faster.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.