Page 1 of 7
Why is that? I mean I drove through there on my way to D.C. but it didn't seem all that bad. But tons of people on here have said it is the worst place to live. And they always make fun of it on Futurama. So whats up with Jersey?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Jersey. Whats wrong with it?

it sucks.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
New Jersey is Radioactive.

The food, animals [especially], everything.

I live here.

=]

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
I don't have a problem with New Jersey. I didn't realize anyone else did, either, seems like a pretty cool place, I've been there a few times.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
A lot of people hate New Jersey because all most people see of New Jersey is Newark and industrial regions, which are very polluted. But many suburbs and wooded areas are not bad at all.
Quote by pancakes

I live here.

=]

+1
The stuff they refer to when they make New Jersey jokes is mainly North Jersey. It is right outside of New York City, so basically it has all their pollution and it is covered in huge factories. Where I live though, South Jersey, is much cleaner and not as bad as everyone says.
I was in Jersey today, and I got stuck behind some of the world's worst drivers. That's to be expected and all, but it's still annoying. I live 5 minutes away in New York, and you can feel the difference the second you cross the line. I do have to admit, though, they have nicer roads than us, and their minimum wage is higher, so I try to get jobs there often.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
Why is that? I mean I drove through there on my way to D.C. but it didn't seem all that bad. But tons of people on here have said it is the worst place to live. And they always make fun of it on Futurama. So whats up with Jersey?

Really? I drove past it on my way to Washington DC as well, this wednesday, and I must say that they probably hate on New Jersey because it smells like garbage, and thats where all of America's waste goes.
the people...

i know a lot of people from jersey and they think they and everything about them is better...

**** jersey.
my grandparents live in NJ and its alright. been to north jersey and it sucks they live in south jersey and that is boring there is nothing to do there. but there has been some good bands from there ex. misfits, and i think smashing pumpkins
Quote by pancakes

I live here.

=]

Where in NJ do you live? I'm from Bergen county.
Because it's full of people from New Jersey.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by Bayonetwork
Because it spawned Bon Jovi?

1st
I like Bon Jovi music

2nd
he lives really close to my area.,,,theres a few famous musicians that live around me...

I'm currently in NJ and here are the problems I see with it:
- High taxes
- Crazy drivers (I'm great at dodging them...)
- High price to live...

I'm a great driver and don't mind living in the area with my parents as I am doing this right now. I'm in Monmouth county and there are some crazy drivers but the area is clean...Traffic is starting to get annoying as they are really starting to build lots of stores and all around here.
A drive up I-287 in rush hour makes my work commute much longer...like 1 hour longer.

I'm planning on moving to Greensboro NC when I get enough cash.
most of my family is down there too so it will be nice.

My dad said if we sold our house in NJ we could buy 3 of the houses we saw in NC which are brand new and about 2se the size of our current house.

I can't wait to move to NC.....
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 5, 2007,
Quote by AzureNight
Because it's full of people from New Jersey.

lol good point.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
That's North jersey. Central jersey/monmouth county is actually pretty nice. A little snooty, but nice.
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Quote by Friggly
That's North jersey. Central jersey/monmouth county is actually pretty nice. A little snooty, but nice.

I also find theres nothing to do around the Middletown Area....
Just a few concerts every now and then but other than that...im always bored on the weekend and I would just sleep all day if I wasnt making recordings for myspace or working.
That asshole skater, Eric lives there.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Seriously

Listen to Bruce Springsteen
Watch Kevin Smith films

there's alot of Jersey pride out there.
Water sucks?
Most polluted?
Crappy drivers?
Just basicly sucks?

You'r all wrong. Ive been living in NJ my whole life and ive travelled alot. You think the water sucks? why not drinkthe water in mexico. It's not that polluted, if you think this is polluted why not go to san fransisco or cali and then you'll see what is the definition of pollution. Newark (the ghetto) Isnt everything on NJ most of nj is a really nice neighborhood with many beautiful cities. And most of here in NJ arent overweight, go make you'r research on the most obesiest states in US. I dont hate nj, I'd rather live in NJ my whole life than any other state. I love NJ.
The Sopranos make NJ instant non-suck.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Connor6c
The stuff they refer to when they make New Jersey jokes is mainly North Jersey. It is right outside of New York City, so basically it has all their pollution and it is covered in huge factories. Where I live though, South Jersey, is much cleaner and not as bad as everyone says.

i live in south jersey to
Quote by Friggly

not all of north jersey is like that, mostly just newark and parts of jersey city. also, trenton is ****tier than newark, imo.

Quote by neverserious88
false. the rest of the country are the crappy drivers.

true. columbia, sc (about 45 min. from my house) is the metro area with the worst drivers. I lived in jersey but moved to the south, if you were wondering. still go up there 2 or 3 times a year.
I think it smells, Literally. As soon as you enter the state it smells terrible. That's why I don't like it.
Quote by Captain Insano
I think it smells, Literally. As soon as you enter the state it smells terrible. That's why I don't like it.

+1
Quote by Captain Insano

the fact that people actually believe stuff like that shows that jersey- bashing has gone too far. honestly, if it actually smelled bad, why would it be the most densely populated state in the US?
Quote by kstebor
http://www.citymayors.com/environment/polluted_uscities.html not one of the most polluted cities in the US is in NJ

Well, lets count the big cities in New Jersey. There are like maybe one or two, Newark and Trenton.

Do you guys even have a pro baseball team??
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Ocean county right here.

I dunno...I think the question of why everyone hates Jersey has already been answerd. I just felt like saying where I was from.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon