Being the idiot that i am i posted this into the original recordings forum, and then later realised that thats not the right place so i reposted it here. Yeah this is my first attempt at writing a song lol. It's not finished yet, still have to fix some riffs adn make it more....flowy? Just wanted to check if im going anywhere with it, like does it have any potential. So yeah just crit it, dont be too harsh. It didnt turn out exactly how i wanted it in power tab so when i get back to my dads ill record it using my extreme recording equipment(eyetoy, hahaha) and put some vocals and throat over the top. Theres some performance notes if you wish lol, thankyou. I hope the song attatched.
Attachments:
skeletors_song.zip
well I can tell you one thing, especially being a previous powertab user myself. it's a terrible idea to draft your first idea with other people with this program. the electric guitar sound makes me feel like I'm listening to chrono trigger intro music. otherwise, some good tones and neat bass stuff but try and convert it to a program that has real sounds like fruityloops or somethin.
lol yeah i know what you mean....its just that parents recently split up and being at my mums house she has a computer with none of my software on it, and one of teh smaller programs i could get was powertab so yeah like i said in teh post when i get to my dads ill record it. thankyou though.
Pretty sweet the only thing I didn't really like was that bar 10 (what seems to be the main riif) gets a little monotonous playing over and over which I don' think it needs to since it's played so much through out the song anyways. Otherwise it's some good riffage.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
yeah its just that when i record it its going to start off with an eq pedal so it sounds like...have you ever heard the seduction by he is legend?? yeah well im going for that effect and then its going to get really heavy after that and hopefully once i toss vocals over it it wont sound as boring and repedative. maybe i should cut down the repeats? thanks heaps for the crit.
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
yeah its just that when i record it its going to start off with an eq pedal so it sounds like...have you ever heard the seduction by he is legend?? yeah well im going for that effect and then its going to get really heavy after that and hopefully once i toss vocals over it it wont sound as boring and repedative. maybe i should cut down the repeats? thanks heaps for the crit.

Yeah, that song's rad. I see what you mean, that'll sound cool.
I'm sure with vocals it won't be as repetitive, it's not even that repetitive now.
I think that this song is in 3/4 not 4/4. It should help straighten the tab out if you change it. I think you have some measures with to many beats and some with to few right now, but thats all just how its transcribed, nothing wrong with the actual song. The last riff sounds a little off, i think its just because of the time signature stuff mentioned above. Other than that, it sounds great, lots of cool rifs.