www.myspace.com/lostcityradiode

I recorded with a Logitech mic and Audacity, so naturally the production sucks, but I was wondering what you guys think of it before I record these songs plus a few others with my friend.

"Buenos Aires" is my favorite, it mixes things up, "Quoting 316" is alot faster in the version I have now but it's still the same idea, and "Made for TV Movies" is a fast-paced girlfriend song.
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Cherry Sunburst)/Alvarez Acoustic/Electric cutaway
Amp - Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30W
Effects - Boss OS2/Boss DD6 Digital Delay/Digitech RP50

lost city radio. (acoustic)

Songs
Substance and Color
Quote by paulblestde
www.myspace.com/lostcityradiode

I recorded with a Logitech mic and Audacity, so naturally the production sucks, but I was wondering what you guys think of it before I record these songs plus a few others with my friend.

"Buenos Aires" is my favorite, it mixes things up, "Quoting 316" is alot faster in the version I have now but it's still the same idea, and "Made for TV Movies" is a fast-paced girlfriend song.

you're from delaware, too? awesome. I may be up and playing semi-regularly in the newark/wilmington/hockessin area, soon.

haha I'll have an actual crit later on... I just found it interesting that there are actually other people on the boards from delaware.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
you're from delaware, too? awesome. I may be up and playing semi-regularly in the newark/wilmington/hockessin area, soon.

haha I'll have an actual crit later on... I just found it interesting that there are actually other people on the boards from delaware.

That's pretty awesome man, yeah, I don't meet many people on the internet from Delaware.
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Cherry Sunburst)/Alvarez Acoustic/Electric cutaway

Songs
Substance and Color
Your vocals are rellay good on these tracks. They are rough, but in a good way. It adds character to your songs. My favorite is "Made for TV Movies" Good job on these tracks. And thanks for the add. C-Ya...

Anthony
Just general observations after listening to them all:

The voice is really cool. Someone mentioned it sounds kind of rough, but in a good way. I agree.

The guitar playing is pretty simple but helps make your voice stand out.

I think the lowfi quality of you recording adds a lot to the songs. They are better left unpolshed.

I see you covered a Neutral Milk Hotel song. Before I listened to that one I was thinking "You sound like Neutral Milk..." but hey, they are great and your cover of that song was pretty nice.
i'm really liking quoting 316 so far. the guitar is really cool beacuse its sort of dreary sounding. the vocals are nice as well, you have a good voice. i like how you are able to keep the melody flowing so well. it sounds very unconventional.

i really like the chords in "made for tv movies." and i also like the vocals a lot in this one. it reminds me a bit of dashboard. and thats a very good thing. from what i can tell the lyrics sound pretty good too. you should add them on your page.

buenos aires sounds awesome too. you should really look into getting some better equipment or going to a studio because your songs are really good.

thanks for the crit.
Vocals sound great. To me the acoustic sounds a little out of tune. Lots of potential, thanks for the crit.
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
Quote by Nirvana-Man
hey, thanks for the crit on mine..... really like the vocals, and the guitar is good too.
The only problem is the sound quality.... it's kinda bad with Audacity

oh yeah man, i completely agree. logitech mic as well, haha. it's a recipe for crappy quality.

Songs
Substance and Color