Basically I have an ESP LTD EC-1000VB and I want to go to C tuning for that guitar, At the moment I use 9 - 42 strings in standard tuning, What Gauge Strings will I need to use For C-G-C-F-A-D (Drop C) so it will feel as if I have 9-42 tension if you get me.

Much Appreciated.
i use 10-52 gusge strings and dropped C feels like my old strings which were 9-42 in standard
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212
A couple weeks ago I was in a bind for some strings when I couldn't buy the power slinkys I usually get (.48 - .11) so I settled on the Zakk Wylde set of ghs boomers instead. When I was jamming with some freinds about a week later and needed to install them I found that the .60 guage E string was too big for my sperzels on my EC-1000. So just watch out with the size b/c the tuners are kinda on the small side.
10s would work for you if you want a similiar feel. but try and experiment with gauge sizes.
I love my ernie ball heavy bottom strings(10-52) in standard, cus I can chug away on those lower strings, but get the normal 10s to play leads on comfortably
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
10-52. lite top heavy bottom ftw!
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112