I have become pretty bored with my Schecter Damien 6. the neck is too thick and the action is pretty high but its as low as it can go w/o buzzing, so i want a new guitar. I probably wont actually be buying one until around Christmas-time, but i do want a recommendation for now, in case i run into some money. I have been playing for around a year and a half but i am pretty good for the amount of time i have been playing so i want a pretty nice guitar. i play progressive metal and progressive rock. i have been looking into B.C. Rich guitars and the Assassin FX6 looked pretty promising. any thoughts?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
i dont like b.c rich, my friends have them, they all turned to crap, except one, but it was actually custom shopped so no surprises there. i have a schecter, and my friend has a schecter damien, i have his action set to incredibly low with no buzz, how are you setting yours? bridge, or truss rod? what size are your strings?
fight the power that be
truss rod. i have 9's on it. the action used to be really low with no buzz but i guess i played the hell out of it and wore down the frets or something
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
umm how old is it? wearing down frets takes awile... try lowering it, and when yo uget fret buzz, higher the bridge ever so slightly... does it only buzz on the bass strings?
fight the power that be
i've only had it since christmas, but i play it A LOT. some days upwards of like 8 hours lol. it does only buzz on the bass strings wen its lowered. but it really doesnt matter because i definitely want a new guitar and i want some recommendations.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Gibson Les Paul.
Gibson SG.
Ibanez and Jakson are popular metal guitars.
How much money do you want to spend? That's pretty important. And make sure you have a good amp. My biggest problem is that I bought my Jackson before buying a decent amp and my tone sucks because of it. I sound good through a decent amp but like 90% of your tone comes from your amp so make sure that's good.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
meh, they want an arm and a leg for those (rg550) on eBay. I have a question about Ibanez though: are their stock pups any good? Usually you see seymour duncans or EMGs in guitars in the 600-1000 range, but Ibanez guitars always have dimarzio/ibz pickups or just ibz pickups in them.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Jul 6, 2007,
a very nice guitar is a schecter classic, but if your like me, schecters are easy to get tired of. im currently in your predicament, im trying out a carvin soon, those seem nice. i tried a peavey axcelerator USA made, it was nice, but the owner hadnt set it up from the original box from 12 years ago, so the neck was off, and im scared to mess with a guitar thats not mine...
fight the power that be
right now my price range would be in between 500 and 800 USD. my amp is decent enough. i am running my guitar through a Boss GT-8 so i can get some pretty good tone if its set up right.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
you can get a real nice used guitar for 800, i am actually in love with the feel of the Peavey Rotor EXP series, as well as the V-Type EXP. excellent sound, feel, and looks. only problem is the v-type is rather hard to find for a good deal, i like to buy used for cheaper. the peavey rotor exp doesnt come with a floyd rose, so thats a no no for me.
fight the power that be
oh i forgot to mention that i dont want a guitar with a trem
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Rotor-EXP-Electric-Guitar?sku=511396
whoa look at the upper fret access! this looks like a nice one. thanks for the suggestion guitarzan! do the pickups sound nice though?

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Rotor-EXP-Electric-Guitar?sku=511396X - even better deal!
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Jul 6, 2007,
hellz yeah, very metal, clean is okay, id change the clean pickup later if you want a good clean tone, before you purchase this, i might have one for sale soon, probably half that price, its brand new, no scratches, with a hard case, interested?
fight the power that be
interested? very. have the money? probably not atm, but i would need to wait until the end of the week anyway to purchase anything. i am in Virginia right now visiting my mom and the only way i could get money is by begging my (jewish) grandma for money and she is in Pennsylvania.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
strange, the one i have is handcrafted and it has limited edition on the 12th fret... maybe i got a good little guitar here?
haa virginia, thats where i live, it sucks. what area?
fight the power that be
northern virginia. Lynchburg to be specific
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
anyway, any other suggestions?
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux