First off I did a search to try to see if my question had already been answered, and I found nothing, so please no "LOLZ uze TeH Search BUTTon!" posts.

Anyway, I have an Ibanez rg350 ex, its a great guitar, but im experiencing a lot of tunning problems with the edge III trem, I have heard this is a common occurence, so I was thinking of replacing the Edge III with an original floyd rose trem.

I have done some measuring and it seems like the like it would fit fine, but Im not 100% sure.

Does anyone know if if this would work?

thanks for your help.
Depends on what your "tuning problems" are....if it won't STAY in tune then it could be crapping out or it could just simply need setting up properly. If you're having problems WHILE tuning, as in you tune all your strings, then go back to the low E and it's out of tune, well I hate to break it to you but that's normal. Any un-modded floating bridge, Edge III, Edge Pro, OFR etc will have that problem, they rely on the balance of spring tension and string tension to keep everything together. If you muck around with one, ie tuning a string, then you alter the tension and everything goes out of tune.

And I guarantee that if you search for "tuning floyd rose" you'll get more entries than Paris Hilton on heat.

Failing that, just look up every post madpickin03 has ever made....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Trust me man, I know about tunning a floating trem.

The tunning issues im talking about are getting all the strigns in tune, locking them off, playing for a while then teh strings start t odrift out of tune, and forget about dive-bombing , that just screws everything up.

I think the culprit is the cheap metal used of the edge III, Im pretty sure its been slowly warping and bending out of place.
Trust me man, I know about tunning a floating trem.

No probs - you'd be amazed at the number of people round here that don't
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Errr...Is it just me, or is an Edge III not directly switchable with an OFR? I'm pretty sure they're not...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
They fit, but the Floyd Rose is longer then the Edge III, you won't have alot of clearance. I've heard that the Floyd Rose Pro fits better.
OFR will fit just fine

im tired with these kinds of thread...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by steven seagull
Depends on what your "tuning problems" are....if it won't STAY in tune then it could be crapping out or it could just simply need setting up properly. If you're having problems WHILE tuning, as in you tune all your strings, then go back to the low E and it's out of tune, well I hate to break it to you but that's normal. Any un-modded floating bridge, Edge III, Edge Pro, OFR etc will have that problem, they rely on the balance of spring tension and string tension to keep everything together. If you muck around with one, ie tuning a string, then you alter the tension and everything goes out of tune.

And I guarantee that if you search for "tuning floyd rose" you'll get more entries than Paris Hilton on heat.

Failing that, just look up every post madpickin03 has ever made....

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've had an RG350 for about 6 months now and am only just starting to experience problems with strings going out of tune. Highly annoying.
Why don't you try the Ibanez Zero Resistance trem? It's possibly the best trem I've ever played on.
Quote by madpickin03
OFR will fit just fine

im tired with these kinds of thread...

But you are the best person to answer them... Which you do... Every time...

When I get my Ibby I'm gonna get a Gotoh. You reccomend that?
^ the gotoh one is badass; you need to make sure it'll fit, though.

what size are your studs, etc.?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I alread read a post before where Madpickin says it will fit. I wanted to know if he suggested it, but I also konw you know your **** too so now I know I will be getting it.

EDIT: I'll be getting an Ibby with an Edge III. An RGT42DX to be exact. I played it and didn't want to like it becuase of the crappy trem, but I loved it. Sexy too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fendermustang12
Why don't you try the Ibanez Zero Resistance trem? It's possibly the best trem I've ever played on.

Whilst you may be correct about how good the ZR bridge is, it is very hard to fit it to a guitar which did not originally have one fitted.
i have the rg 350 dx, and i swaped it over with no problems
my gear

• ibanez rg350dx
  • legend fat strat
  • vox ad30vt
  • laney double footswitch
  • behringer eq700
  • zoom gfx 707 effects processor
  • boss gt-3 effects processor
Quote by Slicendice
First off I did a search to try to see if my question had already been answered, and I found nothing, so please no "LOLZ uze TeH Search BUTTon!" posts.

Anyway, I have an Ibanez rg350 ex, its a great guitar, but im experiencing a lot of tunning problems with the edge III trem, I have heard this is a common occurence, so I was thinking of replacing the Edge III with an original floyd rose trem.

I have done some measuring and it seems like the like it would fit fine, but Im not 100% sure.

Does anyone know if if this would work?

thanks for your help.

Nobody types like that, why is it whenever someone imitates another it's typing in some idiot way?

On topic, it can be done. However, I'd suggest taking it to a guitar tech. From what I hear a little tweaking needs to be done, they're not directly swappable.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Well, a Gotoh is 74mm and an OFR is 73.91mm. .09 isn't too off.

you need to check the diameter of the studs, the size of the baseplate, sustain block, etc., etc. you'd also need to get the edge III's dimensions- i certainly wouldn't take as gospel something i'd read on a forum.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you need to check the diameter of the studs, the size of the baseplate, sustain block, etc., etc. you'd also need to get the edge III's dimensions- i certainly wouldn't take as gospel something i'd read on a forum.

Shhh, madpickin can hear you... lol

Yeah, I agree, and thanks for your help also.
The Gotoh'll fit just nice and i personally think its better. Probably just some close encounter with the sides and the routing but nothing serious.

Dave is just pissed coz he cant get his Gotoh to fit into his small RG470's LoTRS studs
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Forgive me if I spell it wrong. Get a Kalhner bridge (sorry if it is spelled wrong). It is alot better with tuning, better system. Floyd rose is good but they also have tuning problems and are terrible to work with. They will give you way too much trouble in terms of tuning and things like that. I am not sure about the kalhner bridges, but I hear they own floyd rose like crazy. Go on warmoth.com they may have them. I really dont like FR bridges. If not look on Ebay. For sure FR is not what you want if you have tuning problems. You need a good pair of rather gotoh, grover, or sperzel locking tuners. your tuning problems should be completely gone if you have those.
Quote by ravenrage07
Forgive me if I spell it wrong. Get a Kalhner bridge (sorry if it is spelled wrong). It is alot better with tuning, better system. Floyd rose is good but they also have tuning problems and are terrible to work with. They will give you way too much trouble in terms of tuning and things like that. I am not sure about the kalhner bridges, but I hear they own floyd rose like crazy. Go on warmoth.com they may have them. I really dont like FR bridges. If not look on Ebay. For sure FR is not what you want if you have tuning problems. You need a good pair of rather gotoh, grover, or sperzel locking tuners. your tuning problems should be completely gone if you have those.

This is pretty much incorrect

Kahler bridges ARENT better then FRs, it just feels different, works quite different too. Mounting them would be a problem since they dont require inner body cavity routing, just some minor routing on the top or none at all

Tuning problems wouldnt be a problem at all if you know how to set anything up correctly, even on Kahler bridge you may screw something up if you dont know how to use /adjust 'em
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ +1

Quote by madpickin03
The Gotoh'll fit just nice and i personally think its better. Probably just some close encounter with the sides and the routing but nothing serious.

Dave is just pissed coz he cant get his Gotoh to fit into his small RG470's LoTRS studs

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?