how??? mine wotn work using a converter to plug it into the mic input thing. is there any other way i can HOOK IT UP TO MY COMPUTER?? i dont wanna use a mic...i dunno why. i dont like mics. but is there any other way to hook it up to my computer???

thanks! peace!!!!!!
ok theres a cable you can buy from target of all places that hooks from your guitar or amp to your computer via usb
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
usb?? sounds interesting...what about radio shack? or walmart? we dont have any targets near here...
First off, the target product doesnt sound promising but I've yet to see it...

Plugging a guitar directly to the mic port wont do anything.....
you either need to go out from your amp (like the line out or headphone our) to the blue line in port which is in 1/8 on your computer.

The BETTER way to go is to get yourself a USB interface like the Line 6 Toneport.
The UX1 is good but if you have the cash go for the UX2 as it has a few more helpful features and better inputs.

It will allow you go plug your amp or even just guitar into the box and send all the audio down into the USB port of your computer.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/compare?g=home&base_pid=249701&base_pid=249700

You probably are using the stock sound card that came with your computer (most likely build into the motherboard) and 9 out of 10 times, using that will give very poor recordings as its not built for recording.

If you have a Firewire port on your desktop or laptop you should get yourself a Firewire interface instead of the USB as its a little faster and will cut back on any delays.

a good FW interface is the PreSonus Firebox:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FIREBOX-24bit96kHz-FireWire-Recording-System?sku=184133

Have a look at my sig for recording info and do some searching in this section of the form...you'll find that this topic has been brought up many times now.
My sound card has an option where you can set the audio port to "Line In." You may be able to get a converter and plug it into one of your audio ports but you need a program for recording that will amplify the sound from your guitar. If you use your amp's distortion then that is a problem but it's fine if you are using a pedal.
Quote by MightyAl
I think this is the real problem. Standing up to someone so fat has a couople major risks.
1)They might have a heart attack, fall on you and crush you
2)They might eat you. And not in a fun, girl-on-girl 'pics or it didn't happemn' way.
oh, and i tried hooking the guitar up to the amp, and from the headphones into the blue port thing, and still nothing
did you go though the computer settings and make sure your wave and volume and line in sliders were turned up?

double click the little speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen near the clock.

also the speaker on the amp will turn off but the volume control will still adjust the volume output of the headphone jack so be sure not to turn that down.

yea there is no real cheap way to record really..
it's best to get an interface
it use to work before..i dunno why its not now...

and im pretty sure the whole sound thing on the computer is set up right...

but what if i just want a cheap way to record? nothing pro. just something to have some kind of sound ya know? is there still no way?
i hooked my guitar to my comp thru the mic jack and it works prefectly
Quote by PiMpPiStOl
it use to work before..i dunno why its not now...

and im pretty sure the whole sound thing on the computer is set up right...

but what if i just want a cheap way to record? nothing pro. just something to have some kind of sound ya know? is there still no way?

really cheap way to record...with or without a computer.............

hmm...

Tape recorder?

and if you want to get fancy with analog:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fostex-X12-4Track-Cassette-Recorder?sku=240282

As for the mic input...I'm sure it would work but overall its not the best input to use.
I still think its a setting you missed somewhere not being at your computer myself theres not much I can do to find and fix the problem.

I still suggest you save up for a Tone port...even a used eBay one will give great sound and will be cheap.

From what I know, you need something between your guitar and computer before connecting to record...like a stomp box or multi FX pedal....(in my case a magicstomp).