Alright, I had an epiphany - music is my life, I may as well have the equipment to back it up.

I'm looking for a tube amp / head, something good enough to play shows with, record with (I'm really getting into recording my own stuff, and am slowly buying the proper equipment) and something durable enough to be able to tour with (I'm still young, I can drive around in a van with a band for months).

I am aiming for the tone of -
Cleans - Circa Survive / Open Hand
Lead - Chiodos / Bullet for My Valentine
And rhythm disortion that's downright bass and heavy, yet defined - like Underoath's newer CD - or I guess like most "nu-metal" from a few years ago.. (Spineshank / Ill Nino)

There's got to be something out there that can play this all fairly well - Stuff like The Used / My Chemical Romance / Kill Hannah..

Does anyone have any ideas?

For a while I really wanted an Orange Rockerverb 50.. but I'm not sure anymore.

BUDGET - 1,000-1,600 FOR THE HEAD!

New or used.

Cab decision will come later.

And btw, please don't diss my band selection. These are just some bands that I happen to listen too that I'm sure people are aware of. I doubt more people have heart of Trophy Scars, 65daysofstatic, or Parkway Drive compared to some of the above.

Thanks so much for any opinions.
used 5150 or maybe the rockerverb 50 +OD, if its anything like the rocker 30's then it will need an OD to get it to B4MV levels. If you like the tone then get a transparent OD (OCD) and push it to higher gain
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Parkway and 65 are pretty popular on these boards, maybe not GG&A specifically, but yeah.

If you can stretch your budget, you could get a new Mesa Mark IV, or a used one. I know BMFV uses rectos, but I'm fairly confident that the mark IV can do those tones, as well as fantastic cleans. The Mark IV is one of the most versatile amps on the market today.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
+1 to rein...i still want to play one of those mark IV's, none to play in shops. i hate this town

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Good suggestions.

I have looked into the Mark IV before, and everyone seems to LOVE the amp. I think I overlooked that because of the price - but I'm willing to step it up now.

I'm recently recording a song with my roomy - and we passed it around a bit between friends and everyone wants more. I love playing the guitar, singing, and the whole recording editing leveling mixing and everything - I think spending a few thousand NOW is worth it.

The town I'm in actually sucks for playing amps - BUT this weekend I am headed up to Salt Lake for the weekend for Warped Tour (Parkway Drive and Circa ftw).. so I'll stop by a few shops and see what I can mess with.

Any other recommendations would be totally rock'n. Thanks!
Quote by slatsmania
Check out the Mesa Express 5:50. It switches from 5 bedroom watts to to 50 ear bleeding watts. I don't know about it doing brutal death metal on it's own, but it'll get close. It'll do your jazzy cleans all the way up to there. And what's wrong with a good OD pedal?

im not saying slats is the all knower of amps but he knows his stuff. you might want to check that out

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^

If you don't need that much power, you'd be the coolest kid on your block if you had a Budda Super Drive 30!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Mesa Mark Series FTW! Excellent amps, and incredibly versatile. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one for almost literally any style. Used you can find a Mark IV for 1200-1400 or so, and Mark IIIs are only around 700-800. Amazing cleans and infinitely tweakable distortion (which can be a pain to dial in, but once you do it's godly.)
That was another concern for the Mark IV - It's a beast power wise.. that thing would be so freaking loud to play at home with!

Granted, I will still have and love my Mini Vox DA5 fo home practice, but I don't want to blow my house up when I record with the Mark =P

I guess there is always an attenuator, right?

I'm kinda digging that Express 5:50 too - how would that rate sound wise compared to the Mark?

I'll check out those other suggetions too when I'm up in Salt lake..
^ dont know...*waits on slats*

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^

My experience with Mesa is pretty limited to guitar shop volumes, so I don't wanna steer anyone wrong. I played the Express, and came away very impressed with what it could do on the 5W level. There's guys in here with a lot more Mesa knowlege than me.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
BTW - I'm totally down with getting an OD pedal if required to give it that extra push into brutality.

I really don't use too many effects, mostly just distortion, and heavy delay situationally (I've written some awesome harmonizing parts with delay - kinda circa style).
^ well ive learned from a couple years on here, that if i dont know anything i just wait till you get there. we dont ahve mesas here in kentucky

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Turns out all 3 dealers that are even remotely close(2-4 hours) to me don't have any Mark IV's in stock. I was in a rush so didn't get to sit down with anything.

From all the clips and raving reviews I've read though - I am pretty much sold on the Mark. Now to watch ebay =/