Im trying to see if thats an Edge 3 trem on that...

Can you tell from that pic, because the 04 and below RG350's have a Edge pro 2 or a Low Pro TRS.
EDIT:
Its not a TRS 2 for sure

EDIT:
Its a Edge 3. The pickups are the Infinity's, and to get the IFZ's it had an Edge 3.

Solved my own problem lol!
Last edited by FRDesign at Jul 6, 2007,
feel sorry for you! haha
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Yes it is an Edge III.

Nice Dx, just bought one meself.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
You got it! Congrats. Tbh, the Edge III really isn't that bad, just don't try and "Vai" it, or do the helicopter thing.... :S
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Or the Herman li Whammy thing where he holds it. Ive read a lot about the Edge 3 and it seems that most problems occur when idiots don't set it up right
Right. It may not hold crazy whammy abuse like the Edge, Lo-Pro Edge or Edge Pro, but it can do all the other stuff pretty well IF SET UP CORRECTLY, like any other LFR. I've also heard that if you change a lil' bit the angle the bridge is set up, its tuning stability and move range increases a lot (but still not as much as the other Ibanez tremolos).
So the typical statement of "avoid the Edge III as it's crap" should change for "avoid the Edge III if you don't know how to set up double-locking tremolos, as you should avoid all of them". ^^'
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
Right. It may not hold crazy whammy abuse like the Edge, Lo-Pro Edge or Edge Pro, but it can do all the other stuff pretty well IF SET UP CORRECTLY, like any other LFR. I've also heard that if you change a lil' bit the angle the bridge is set up, its tuning stability and move range increases a lot (but still not as much as the other Ibanez tremolos).
So the typical statement of "avoid the Edge III as it's crap" should change for "avoid the Edge III if you don't know how to set up double-locking tremolos, as you should avoid all of them". ^^'

wrong wrong wrong wrong

its made out of cheap metals so the knife-edge wears away within a year or so
making it utterly useless.
also if you wanted to swap it for an Edge, Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge etc
then you'd have to do some extensive routing for it to fit
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by FRDesign
An OFR will fit right in.

WARNING: an OFR will NOT fit right in

do a search for my posts on this very issue. i've been through this. but and edge/edge pro will fit with very minor modification
Quote by sethp
WARNING: an OFR will NOT fit right in

do a search for my posts on this very issue. i've been through this. but and edge/edge pro will fit with very minor modification

BULL ****

I'm playing my RG370 with an OFR in it. I slipped it in in a bout 10 minutes, and I have full whammy range. Way to be wrong. I even posted pics of it. Search my posts to see them.

OFRs/Edge have the same routing, an Edge Pro is routed very differently. It can only be perfectly swapped out with an Edge pro 2.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by FRDesign
Thats what I thought...

I thought an OFR would work.

Its the best thing you could possibly do for your RG. It stays in perfect tune if set un correctly, even after heavy Vai stuff.

There you go. Perfect range, perfect tuning, perfect swap. It'd be a wise choice. And that scallop thing was just a cool mod to do. Not really necessary with jumbo frets though. Still fun. Donkey Kong is barrels of fun.
The original Edge is heavily based off of the OFR. An Edge # is heavily based off of an Edge. Normal edge it is.
The edge seems like a wise choice. I would prefer to buy a new OFR since its not worn out. Whatever you want though, Edges are sturdy, and it should just play fine.
Quote by One Way Ticket
BULL ****

I'm playing my RG370 with an OFR in it. I slipped it in in a bout 10 minutes, and I have full whammy range. Way to be wrong. I even posted pics of it. Search my posts to see them.

OFRs/Edge have the same routing, an Edge Pro is routed very differently. It can only be perfectly swapped out with an Edge pro 2.

I was waiting for that! hahah!

The Edge IIIs are good tremolos until the knife edges wear down...which is about like everything, good til it wears out.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I was waiting for that! hahah!

The Edge IIIs are good tremolos until the knife edges wear down...which is about like everything, good til it wears out.

Imma sig you, because my club phailed.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Imma sig you, because my club phailed.

That phucking sucks

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Phuck!

The Guy I was going to buy it from decided to sell it to someone else. Because they offered more money.

Now I have to go spend $130 more and get a new one
Quote by FRDesign
Phuck!

The Guy I was going to buy it from decided to sell it to someone else. Because they offered more money.

Now I have to go spend $130 more and get a new one

Thats why you never say stuff like 5 days til I get my Ibanez.

Whenever you put a restrictive date on something it never happens. Thats why I keep saying its gonna be a few days til I get my Corvette. There is no specific time on a few days, for all we know it can be a few days out of 10,000 years, which a few days in comparison to 10,000 years could very well be 300 days.

I'd just ebay for one; you might find one with a LFR in it already.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by FRDesign
Then you have to pay shipping AND tax.

No tax if its out of state or if you buy it independantly. If you buy it from an Ebay store then it will be taxed if you're in the same state.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
No tax if its out of state or if you buy it independantly. If you buy it from an Ebay store then it will be taxed if you're in the same state.

I live in Canada however.

EDIT: Lamusic.Ca offers free shipping to anywhere in Canada and I dont see anything about tax
Last edited by FRDesign at Jul 7, 2007,