basically im looking for a new tube amp. one that can handle medium sized gigs and has great cleans but i can still get that frusciante slight brakeup. I play my own stuff in the band (mainly clean, with chorus) but otherwise i like rhcp, the who and otherstuff that ranges form great cleans,to punky mids distortion but nothing heavyer.
thanks
dan
Quote by yawn
Don't tell anyone, but I like to kill Smurfs.

Gear:
Fender special edition lite ash tele
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
i forgot to menthion that i am willing to buy secondhand and have a budget of £350 MAX!
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Last edited by peersie at Jul 6, 2007,
350max and it can go to 400?? that doesnt make sense dude hahah srry couldnt resist
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
I second the Peavey Valveking emotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
I VETO the Valveking suggestion!

It's a budget amp in the US, and a horrible value in Europe.

My first though was Fender, but being in the UK that's a little trickier. Still, if you can find something like a Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe used, I think you'll be really happy.

Otherwise, you're close to being able to afford a brand new Laney VC30 212, which is just so much nicer than the Valveking for the same money. The 1x12 is well under budget. Used, you should be able to do really well with Laney. Maybe save yourself a lot of money. 30 valve watts is plenty for medium sized gigs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
is that a hot rod deluxe or deville
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
^ Deluxe. 40W is all you need, and it'll fit better in your budget, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
kk cheers
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Quote by slatsmania
I VETO the Valveking suggestion!

It's a budget amp in the US, and a horrible value in Europe.

My first though was Fender, but being in the UK that's a little trickier. Still, if you can find something like a Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe used, I think you'll be really happy.

Otherwise, you're close to being able to afford a brand new Laney VC30 212, which is just so much nicer than the Valveking for the same money. The 1x12 is well under budget. Used, you should be able to do really well with Laney. Maybe save yourself a lot of money. 30 valve watts is plenty for medium sized gigs.

agreed.

i'm not much a fan of it, but if you want more fendery tones, the laney lc30 might be worth a look too, in addition to the vc30 (which is more voxy).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I recommend the Valveking for a good budget amp. Your budget is higher, so I think something else may be a better option. Fender is the king of cleans (in my opinion) but some don't think they have enough gain. I would check Marshall or Laney. I have played Marshall but not Laney.