any suggestions for noise gates? im having trouble picking and i dont wanna choose a ****ty one. thanks. price doesnt matter
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
i found the MXR Smart gate perfect before i bought an amp with built in noise supression. I suggest checking it out!
I'd have to agree ^^ I really like mine. I haven't tried the MXR, but I've compared it to the Boss one and the Decimator is much better.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
y?
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
IMO, most of the time you wouldn't need one. if all that gain is causing noise, you're probably using too much for anyone to hear you, with both chords and single note definition.
no my gain is on like 5-6. its not feedback, its just more of a hiss that i need to get rid of
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Just because he has noise doesnt mean it's coming from gain? Noise can come from pedal's processing, noisy patch cables, pedal power sources, or in the amp, or in the guitar or other cables from interference in the air
ISP decimator

Boss NS-2 does it's job, but for $25 more you can have the best one on the market.

I woudln't go for a Noise Gate unless you are using it for rhythm aggression, not reducing feedback and noise. Noise gates cut off your signal when the input drops below a certain level. When you have a bad noise problem and you crank the noise gate, you'll find chords sustaining for 5-6 seconds instead of 15-20. Noise reducers, the better they are, the more accurate they are at removing hum and not the guitar signal. They will reduce your feedback, hum, hiss, and buzz and only slightly affecting your signal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
so any good noise reducers?
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Noise gates and suppressors are really the same thing, just a different name. The ISP Decimator is generally considered the best one on the market because it doesn't affect your tone when engaged, and it's got some fancy technology that doesn't chop off your sustain, but still gets rid of buzz and hum. Seriously, the ISP is exactly what you're looking for.
The ISP decimator is a noise reducer
It uses some magical technology to intelligently take out the noise with out affecting sustain
thanks. where is a good place to get the isp decimator online?
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Last edited by curtis loew at Jul 6, 2007,