It's a lousy ****ing 5 watt, compare it with your dads big ass record-player first then you'll find out that's only good for practicing in a room smaller than 4 square meters.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by icedog41
But my frontman 15G can be heard over a drumset!

Quote by icedog41
This is a tube amp

It's also 5 watts. It will be about as loud as your Frontman.
5W is barely anything, I bet my phone can go louder than that. Plus that amp's sound must be the most limited thing ever, seeing as it only has volume to tweak
ohai little sig.
Well, I dont have that much Money
I dont need 100 watts of power
ITs a step up from the frontmanAnd some people reccomend it to me as a first Tube amp
Or the PEavey Valveking which is kinda out of my price range.
untr00
Everyone's underestimating how loud these little guys can go. But yeah, keep saving and get a good amp. Or look at used stuff.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Demonikk
5W is barely anything, I bet my phone can go louder than that. Plus that amp's sound must be the most limited thing ever, seeing as it only has volume to tweak

That post fails in so many ways - you're a mong.

TS, it will probably just shade out the Frontman in terms of useable volume, but I'm not convinced it's the answer for you...you'd probably be better off with a cube 30x. The VJ is a good amp, but not for you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

Also, you do realise it's not that big...there's a difference between things that are big and things that are small, but very close to you. If you compare pictures then yes, it looks the same size as the POS crate you were lusting over. However the Crate will have been photographed from "quite far away", in order to get the correct size picture. Likewise, the much smaller Valve Jr will have been photographed from "quite close in" to achieve the same size of picture....it's only about 3ft high. If you order that thinking you're going to get a mighty uberstack then it'll make you about as happy as Spinal Tap's stonehenge backdrop did.
Repeat after me, "I do not need a stack"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
should I save up and get the 60 watt

oh and steven seagull has been the most helpful
so thanks steven I apreciatre it
untr00
should I save up and get the 60 watt

oh and steven seagull has been the most helpful
so thanks steven I apreciatre it

gold star for me

Best thing to do is go and try one and see how you like them both- the 30 will be pretty loud, the 60 a bit louder, but not twice as loud. It depends on when you think you're likely to buy a new amp and what you'll need it for. If you think you'll get something in a year or two then there's little point paying the extra money for the 60, you might as well spend as little as you have to. If it's going to be your main amp for a good few years though it's worth thinking about.

Just don't let them talk you into buying a Line 6 spider or an MG!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
My freind bought a uh LIne ^ spider III 15 W
without even trying it
I told him not to buy one!
untr00
You used the word mong again! I love it!

And for a perspective- the VJ cab has one 12" speaker in it. The crate has 4.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
HOnestly these are the amps on my mind

The Crate POS in your guys opinion

The valve Jr

Roland cube 60 or 30

theye are all about same price range
untr00
it's not a BAD amp, but as steven says, the cube 30 or 60 is probably a better choice in that price range. also, as he says, the 60 will not be twice as loud as the 30, you'd have to go up to 300w to get twice as loud (logarithmic functions, yay)
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
So many of the posts in here failed. 5w valve amp = loud enough to make my neighbours complain. However, drums do indeed overpower it, it's only really great for bedroom practice, recording and jamming without drummers.

Steven seagull's right on the money.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.