okay i have 2 little problems with my amp.
i have an old fender champion 110 if that helps.

first of all, my reverb has gradually been getting worse and worse with this amp. if i leave the reverb on for a couple minutes, it will eventually start humming very very loud and starts to produce satanic screams, if you will.

are there any adjustments i can make to the reverb tank to fix this problem?

and also, when i bought the amp (from a pawn shop) its grounding prong was broken off the power cord, and my dad says that is the cause to its continual humming when turned on. when i play live this thing hums like crazy, and i have to turn it off between songs.

should switching the power cord eliminate the humming?

THANK YOU
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
the transducers in the reverb tank are probably shot, but reverb tanks are cheap and easily available. IMO you should replace it with an Accutronics tank. I buy mine from tubeampparts.com

As for your cord, I would replace it with a grounded cord. It should be pretty easy to do by yourself
Yeah, im sure Gutch is right about the reverb tank, but my first reaction was "Is it tube driven reverb? If it's all that old, maybe the tube needs replacing."

But as far as your power cord goes, you should really get that fixed. A new plug in and some wire nuts will make for an easy repair.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
my first reaction was "Is it tube driven reverb? If it's all that old, maybe the tube needs replacing."

yea, that's a possibility as well. either way, it's a cheap fix