Page 1 of 2
Over the time I have spent on UG, reading and learning I have noticed one common element to almost every thread and tab posted.....there is constant hate!

Just to set the record straight, I am no angel, however I am shocked with some of the emotions people project on this site....Not a day goes by that I don't see someone say "Your ****in tab blows balls DO IT AGAIN!"
There's nothing substantial in that phrase....nothing constructive. Another phrase I see is "-insert musician/band name - ****in sucks!!"
What are you proving by saying that?!?
All I see is an immature fan.

As musicians, we should all carry a genuine respect for one another, we all work hard for our craft and only wish to further ourselves.
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
What makes you think you can change UG's hate?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Never really thought I could....but just figured they could put a bit more thought into what they write/say
Go kill yourself.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Insults are very common on the internet, because no one knows who you are.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
DevilsDance76 ****ing sucks.

On a more serious point I don't think its as bad as it once was or maybe I've got accustomed to it therefore I don't notice.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
If someone's being a douchebag, report them. It's quite simple.

But let's look at it this way... There are about 600,000 members on UG, give or take. How many of them are teenagers? And of those, how many of them are pointless angry or antisocial? The fact is, people will use the anonymity of the internet to act in a way they're afraid to in "real life," hence all the idiotic raging that goes on against everything from guitar choices to band preferences. Not to mention that some people are just dumb and can't respect the fact that other people think differently than they do.
Hi, I'm Peter
"E Daws:Go kill yourself."

Thats what I'm referring to hahaha
I think hate is necessary, if we just let ANYONE join, we'd get a bunch of wussy n00bs.

But, with our careful screening process, we have weeded out the unfit and are left with the tough, the proud, uninsultable UGers.

UG!!
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Quote by Amalgam
I think hate is necessary, if we just let ANYONE join, we'd get a bunch of wussy n00bs.

But, with our careful screening process, we have weeded out the unfit and are left with the tough, the proud, uninsultable UGers.

UG!!

Survival of the pittest.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Amalgam

UG!!

Ultimate-Guitar, a true patriot.
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
I just try to keep my opinions to myself. I take others opinions into thought.
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
Here's an idea; try to ignore it. Most of the people that post stuff like that are probably complete retards in real life who regulary get the **** kicked out of them.

Well, I hope so.
it took you over a year to notice

Last edited by sunnysayshi at Jul 6, 2007,
Don't worry the angry people are usually the ones who lie about thier penis size. poor little one inchers.
Just don't worry about assholes. Most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about (especially me if I'm being an asshole).
I'm so full of anger that I occasionally become huge and green, and go on a rampage and get chased by the army. I'm fine now though.
www.myspace.com/theoncefuturekings

Let me know what ya think!

MUFC

And it'll haunt you, my honey bee,
anyone who's anyone has had that same dream,
where you're falling, or where you're flying,
or were you calling out, or were you dying?
Quote by timeforheroes
I'm so full of anger that I occasionally become huge and green, and go on a rampage and get chased by the army. I'm fine now though.

So you become a giant pea that rolls around and crushes people? Interesting...
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by DevilsDance76
Over the time I have spent on UG, reading and learning I have noticed one common element to almost every thread and tab posted.....there is constant hate!

Just to set the record straight, I am no angel, however I am shocked with some of the emotions people project on this site....Not a day goes by that I don't see someone say "Your ****in tab blows balls DO IT AGAIN!"
There's nothing substantial in that phrase....nothing constructive. Another phrase I see is "-insert musician/band name - ****in sucks!!"

As musicians, we should all carry a genuine respect for one another, we all work hard for our craft and only wish to further ourselves.

"Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills... When life gets you down do you wanna know what you gotta do?"

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim."

lol

but yeh i kinda agree, theres too much flaming and bad feeling towards one another.
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by DevilsDance76
Another phrase I see is "-insert musician/band name - ****in sucks!!"

inmaturity (duh!!), ignorance, intolerance, elitism....

the people in here is really hostile
Quote by Stentroll
So you become a giant pea that rolls around and crushes people? Interesting...

sounds strangely like katamari!!!!

and teens do tend to be angsty. it happens. they will grow out of it (prolly).
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
The big problem is that people who have been lurking on the board and site for a while without registering have see how members used to behave in the past, and as a result, think they're cool if they flame and bash bands/other members of the forum. Its a horrible cycle that isn't going to end, plain and simple.

If UG has 600,000 forum users, im willing to bet only 500 of them are worth being around, which is pretty bad.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
we aren't angry
we are just miserable
for proof look at the "what is your (relationship) status" thread...
Quote by DevilsDance76

i agree with you...but you have to get used to it...the people that talk **** are the people that cant talk **** in real life, so they ahve to do it where they are safe and nobody knows who they are or even waht they look like. They spend their whole day being disrespected/bullied and what not...so they ahve to come on the internet and push people around, so that they feel better about themselves
Can anyone see the UG inquisition happening. The mods start banning people who they think aren't happy.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Buttsecks? The solution to every problem!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
haha I love the responses.....
Lets put it this way....lets all just listen to "Planet Caravan" by Sabbath and just mellow out once and a while
'tis hardly suprizing, when we get knobheads on here. Like that guy earlier, who had speared somebody in the head with a home-man harpoon.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
DevilsDance76 u talk sense, i applaud u on what uve said. Ppl who talk too much **** are just fakes tryin to be too cool

But seriously, does it really matter if some random kid in ontario or california gets mad at you over your internetz? Not really. Besides, the anger makes things more interesting around here.
When you have 500k+ members there's going to be a hell of a lot of idiots posting no matter which forum you're on.

Deal with it, UG is what it is, there's no point trying to make it pixie and rainbow land because the people who talk like that do it for a reason.

Anyway, i've seen plenty of un-angry threads here, being nice to eachother is over rated.
Quote by sunnysayshi
it took you over a year to notice

No it didnt lol but I've just gotten tired of seeing it
Quote by DevilsDance76

*PUSHES YOU THROUGH A SCREEN DOOR*

derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
For the record, I am dealing with it just like everyone else on here...ignoring it.....but I just felt like conveying my annoyance.....
Threadstarter, time and time again people have tried to change it, but some people will never change. Just ignore them. Although I have nothing against an occasional flame on someone who actually deserves it, which is rare.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Miracle_Man
"Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills... When life gets you down do you wanna know what you gotta do?"

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim."

why did I laugh so much...

I try to be nice. Free hugs and whatnot, and pointing newbies in the right direction.
Who dat?
You make a fine point, threadstarter. But what everybody has to understand is that there must always be balance. Black/White, Peace/War, ect... Always 50/50. So in order for there to be nice feelings around here, there has to be an equal amount of bad or mean feelings. One might ask, "Why? Why can't there be 100% niceness?". There must be balance. And hey, why not?

Edit: Basically, my point is that 100% of one thing never works. Be it niceness, badness, peace, war, ect...
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Page 1 of 2