I recorded some songs and they are not so good but they where fully improv.

Check them out at www.myspace.com/hernan1990 I jam with my friend but the recordings where made by me only.The timing on some are bad but ill fix it later.Hope you like them

And please.If you have a critic that is helpfull I will gladly listen to it.But dont come here insulting me because its not the tipe of music you like.I like metal and many styles but when I play I like softer stuff with emotion.And remember,I know on some parts the timing is bad but these are the demos and ill fix the later so you dont have to tell me that

CRIT FOR CRIT

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
Last edited by Hernan_lp at Jul 7, 2007,
yoooou just did this?

STOP SPAM!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
yoooou just did this?

STOP SPAM!

If you check I deleted the other ones because they where in the wrong area and i POSTED HERE.tHIS IS THE ON;Y ONE NOW

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
sounds pretty good man
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
thanks for the nice comments.Really appreciate it

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Listened to the first 50 seconds of Feelings... and I thought it to be a little repetive.
you may want to change your backing track a little more thoughout the song.

as for recording quality, sounds great.

on another note, this really should be in the Original recording section of the form.
Quote by moody07747
Listened to the first 50 seconds of Feelings... and I thought it to be a little repetive.
you may want to change your backing track a little more thoughout the song.

as for recording quality, sounds great.

on another note, this really should be in the Original recording section of the form.

Yeah its repetitive on the beggining.But I didnt intend to make a song.I just made a chord progg and improvised the scales over it .Its just a jam by my self and the backing track is done by me.It was not meant to be a "real" song but overall I liked the imrov so I put it there.

You should listen to the whole thing.And thanks for the crit.I like how you tell me what you dont like in a good way.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Last edited by Hernan_lp at Jul 6, 2007,
Quote by FRDesign
Sounded pretty good, rock the night away was my favorite.

THANKS!!!!! In fact the only song wich I practiced before recording was rock the night away.But the solo at the end was improv too .

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Thanks not sure what the scale was. It just started around the 19th on the B and improvised. Guessing it would be in around C# (That was the first chord of the solo area)

Feelings for you sounded cool. Kind of had Progressive feel to it. Decent lead tone and the chorus sounded good on thr rhythm. Did get slightly repeptitive but im not gonna put you down on it.

Rockin the night away remind me of Dio's Rainbow In The Dark. Very very similar main riff. The lead guitar needs to be turned down. It's a bit too loud for the recording which chords it to fuzz a bit more than its meant to. Sounded cool though as a whole. The lead was good.

The key to your heart had a cool intro. I liked it alot. Would of sounded awesome with some synth or keyboard on it. Good lead melody. Would sound alot fuller with bass.

Peace Of Mind - Sound very weird. The lead guitar i mean. Sounded like it was under water or something lol. Good lead though. Decent Chord progressions.

You need to get some bass in there. Even if it's jus MIDI bass. It would make it sound alot better. I also reccomend you try and get Acoustica Beatcraft. Great for drums. Sounds very real. You can probably download it off a torrent or limewire.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
Thanks not sure what the scale was. It just started around the 19th on the B and improvised. Guessing it would be in around C# (That was the first chord of the solo area)

Feelings for you sounded cool. Kind of had Progressive feel to it. Decent lead tone and the chorus sounded good on thr rhythm. Did get slightly repeptitive but im not gonna put you down on it.

Rockin the night away remind me of Dio's Rainbow In The Dark. Very very similar main riff. The lead guitar needs to be turned down. It's a bit too loud for the recording which chords it to fuzz a bit more than its meant to. Sounded cool though as a whole. The lead was good.

The key to your heart had a cool intro. I liked it alot. Would of sounded awesome with some synth or keyboard on it. Good lead melody. Would sound alot fuller with bass.

Peace Of Mind - Sound very weird. The lead guitar i mean. Sounded like it was under water or something lol. Good lead though. Decent Chord progressions.

You need to get some bass in there. Even if it's jus MIDI bass. It would make it sound alot better. I also reccomend you try and get Acoustica Beatcraft. Great for drums. Sounds very real. You can probably download it off a torrent or limewire.

NOW THATS A CRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments.

My first song was rock the night away and after I made it I heard rainbow in the dark and sayed"darn it!!!!" but still I like it.I am fixing the song because you are right about the guitar volume.Its too high but It was my first recordinf and I didnt know how to use the studio.But since yesterday im trying to work on it.But I put it anyways because I liked the olo at the end with was improvised.But its just the raw song on the first try.Ill probably re-record the rythem part to it the son and make the drums louder so it feels like a "real" song

Feelings for you was supposed to be a joke song for a friend of mine but I started to improvise and liked it so I changed the name and left it like that.

The key to your heart was made for this girl called Sary.So I recorded it and it was also improvised.I kind of like the chord proggression and I think ill take he time to make a better solo for it..Since its just me and I only have guitars I cant add a keyboard but I want to buy one and learn because it will sound better.

And Peace of mind was another improvised song and I used an envelope effect

Thanks a lot for you crits and I have acustica beatcraft but I dontknow how to use it.

And I also have to buy a bass because I dont record with my pc I have a separate studio so...But when I fix them Ill post them.Thanks again for your very helpfull crits

EDIT: wich bass should I look to.I dont want to spend a lot on a bass but it would be nice to have it on my recordings.thanks

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Last edited by Hernan_lp at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by moogaar
Good stuff, man.
I liked it.

Thanks a lot.Do you have anything so I can listen to it????

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
I think you ought to beef up the backing tracks, especially the one on Feelings. The tone was a little weird for both rythym and lead, too.

I liked the introduction to Rock the Night Away, but I felt like it was very repetitive. Perhaps change the drumming for chorus, verse, etc?
Quote by karlh07
I think you ought to beef up the backing tracks, especially the one on Feelings. The tone was a little weird for both rythym and lead, too.

I liked the introduction to Rock the Night Away, but I felt like it was very repetitive. Perhaps change the drumming for chorus, verse, etc?

The thing isthe drums used where the ones one my digitech gnx2 and they stay the same.I am learning how to use acustica beatcraft.But since Im recording with the gnx2 drum machine it will stay the same.When I learn how to use the drum software ill redo all of them.

Thanks

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
i like "feelings for you" its sort of mellow and laid back sounding. it does get a little repetitive to me but thats just because i much prefer songs with vocals. but for just messing around and improvising this sounds really good.

rock the night away sounds very cool. it has a lot of energy just how it is so i think it could an awesome song if you spent some time on it. but i'm assuming you don't have a vocalist?

i didn't like "the key to your heart" at first but that pause is really neat. and it sounds a lot better with the extra guitar part. you are definitely very good at improvising melodies.

piece of mind was probably my least favorite, the effect on the guitar got a little annoying after a while. but that again may just be because of my personal taste. its still pretty interesting.

thanks for the crit.
Quote by anOnyMouSanIe
i like "feelings for you" its sort of mellow and laid back sounding. it does get a little repetitive to me but thats just because i much prefer songs with vocals. but for just messing around and improvising this sounds really good.

rock the night away sounds very cool. it has a lot of energy just how it is so i think it could an awesome song if you spent some time on it. but i'm assuming you don't have a vocalist?

i didn't like "the key to your heart" at first but that pause is really neat. and it sounds a lot better with the extra guitar part. you are definitely very good at improvising melodies.

piece of mind was probably my least favorite, the effect on the guitar got a little annoying after a while. but that again may just be because of my personal taste. its still pretty interesting.

thanks for the crit.

Thanks.I mostly practice on my imrovising since its what I enjoy the most,well I might as well be good at it.I recon if I get to record with acustica beatcraft I can change the drums on the song it will sound a lot better.Peace of mind for me gets tiring after a while so Ill probably change it.But thanks for the comment.Also, rock the night away is my favorite song to play and work on.So its like my main focus to make that like my greatest song.But I dont have a vocalist.But Ill work something out.I can get someone to sing and give them credt in the track cause I cant sing worth a ****.

I wish I could learn how to use the drum software but I find it so hard mostly because I dont know anything about drums lol

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
can anyone tell me how to move this to the original recording section?????

If a mod could move it I would thank you.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
thanks for the crit of my song

i have gave your songs a listen and i have to say my favourite is the key to your heart. the broken chord sounds nice and i like the tone of the lead guitar. i hope the girl liked the song
peace of mind is also another good song the lead guitar sound is interesting.
the only thing i wasn't too keen on was rock the night away but thats only because the rythm guitar is too overpowering. its really rough and when you move frets the scratching noise is too loud. i read on your myspace though that that was your first song so you seem to have gotten the hang of what you are doing. i would like to hear another rocking song since you have learned what to do so it will sound alot better

keep it up
Quote by pa182
thanks for the crit of my song

i have gave your songs a listen and i have to say my favourite is the key to your heart. the broken chord sounds nice and i like the tone of the lead guitar. i hope the girl liked the song
peace of mind is also another good song the lead guitar sound is interesting.
the only thing i wasn't too keen on was rock the night away but thats only because the rythm guitar is too overpowering. its really rough and when you move frets the scratching noise is too loud. i read on your myspace though that that was your first song so you seem to have gotten the hang of what you are doing. i would like to hear another rocking song since you have learned what to do so it will sound alot better

keep it up

Thanks for the crit.

I was thinking about re-recording rock the night away and make the guitar part lower.Because its too high and it sounds bad.But Ill try it soon.Its just that im working on some stuff with my friend so after that ill try it.And yeah I hope she likes the song too but she couldnt hear it because she doesnt have speakers so she is going to listen to it when she goes to her friends house.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
thanks for the crit

the key to your heart - i like the arpeggio guitar parts with the chorus, its got a nice mood to it. your lead is good, but gets tiring after a while. you should work on using dynamics, moving up and down the neck, and especially mixing up the slow playing (which is perfectly okay) with some faster licks. It doesn't have to be lightning fast sweep picking, but just something to vary up the lead a little bit.

feelings for you - like the others said, it starts off with too much repitition. i would give the same advice for the lead in this song, but I like it more than the lead in the key to your heart. its a little bluesier, which i always like it. i also liked when you added the second lead guitar.

i like the way rock the night away starts off - i agree that it would sound good with some vocals on it. sounds a lot like rock you like a hurricane in one part. cool sound to this one though.

peace of mind - i like the guitar tone it reminds me of the solo in going mobile by the who. but like somebody else said, it gets annoying after a while.

overall good job, and keep working!
Quote by Cedarock
thanks for the crit

the key to your heart - i like the arpeggio guitar parts with the chorus, its got a nice mood to it. your lead is good, but gets tiring after a while. you should work on using dynamics, moving up and down the neck, and especially mixing up the slow playing (which is perfectly okay) with some faster licks. It doesn't have to be lightning fast sweep picking, but just something to vary up the lead a little bit.

feelings for you - like the others said, it starts off with too much repitition. i would give the same advice for the lead in this song, but I like it more than the lead in the key to your heart. its a little bluesier, which i always like it. i also liked when you added the second lead guitar.

i like the way rock the night away starts off - i agree that it would sound good with some vocals on it. sounds a lot like rock you like a hurricane in one part. cool sound to this one though.

peace of mind - i like the guitar tone it reminds me of the solo in going mobile by the who. but like somebody else said, it gets annoying after a while.

overall good job, and keep working!

Thanks a lot.I will do another slow song with faster guitar parts.Its just that the key for your heart is for this girl and I dont think she would like the fast parts.But Ill give it a go soon.Thanks fo the crit

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD