Any one have an opinion on the Mesa/Boogie Mark 4 head. I see lamb of god and dream theater use it. I like their tone. I looked at all the specs and that thing is packed with everything. Just wondering what any of you think?
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
its the apples inside that sharpen the tone and as they slowly start to mold you have to replace the apples and then eat the old ones so god is happy. if you want you can try putting chewing gum on your pickups it'll help the sound because of it's compatibility with the amp. and then well, theres the king of all kings, the ants.. shove 'em in your tube jacks and your tone will go insane.
Is Sandmanshredder a Dickhead or is actually talkin sense because I don't have a ****in clue what he is talkin bout
dickhead
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

If I had the money for that I'd buy it It looks sick. I never know what the wattage is on Mesa Boogies because I am used to class A/B and Mesa use A/B and A. Check if it has two speakers, If it has two you definetly want it, if it has one speaker look at the price and think "is it worth it". As for tone you can never fault a Mesa Boogie.
Last edited by Genius_92 at Jul 6, 2007,
yeah i was gonna do the head with one of their cabs...
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

Well If you have the cash go for it. but, and this is a big but, Mesas cost a lot. For the same price (I don't know how much your paying for them) you could probably get a whole lot more power and not sacrifice tone or anything.
I reported sandmanshredder.

Now, on topic. Dude, if you can afford a Mark IV don't hesitate.. They're considered a king around here..

One of the top amps in the market.

I myself haven't played one (sadly ) but you will never hear any bad stuff about them.

Come in a nice range as well.. Combo, Short head, Medium head, Rackmount version.. Anything you need.

The other day I put together a rack set-up with the Mark IV on the top... It was cool

In my mind, not real life
alright thanks...i have been saving and i think this is what i want...
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

read my review on it in the Engl or MEsa thread. i gave a good overview of it. I have it, love it, live by it. made my jsx obsolete.if you can afford it great. but make sure you really want it and love tweaking with EQ settings. this amp is a tweakers dream. a new sound everyday.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
i have one and its fantastic. i could have gotten any head i wanted up to $2k and i chose the mark iv. took me a while to save up tho but definitely worth it. great clean channel, versatile 2nd, and the lead channel is amazing. plus the amp has the graphic eq so even more tonal options. its certainly a tweakers (not the druggy) amp. as for wattage it can go from 15w/30-85w. It sounds good at very low volumes and can get extremely loud. lots of things to say about the amp and i dont want to type everything so look around the forums and read what people have said. also check harmony central as lots of guys there love this amp as well.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce