didnt seem to find a thread on them.

im my opinion, they are easily the best death metal band out there.

does anyone know if they'll be releasing another album any time soon?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
great band. absolutly phenominal IMO. one of my favortie bands, they released an album early 2006 i think so they might be coming up with a new one sometime in 2008 probably. but it ould be sooner cuz their guitarist wrote their last album in something like a week or soemthing.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
one of the few bands i know that are simultaneously underrated and overrated. good, but not great imo. their songs feel a little loose to me. by that, i mean that the parts don't necessarily fit as well as they should. acoustic passages that don't quite fit, clean vocals that seem forced, structures that never seem to pull together... definitely a band with potential though. i have high hopes for their next album.
not a bad band, just not quite as tight musically as i would like. i'm pretty picky, though.
one week?

thats ridiculous.. all the songs are completely immaculate.

do you have both their albums?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
one week?

thats ridiculous.. all the songs are completely immaculate.

do you have both their albums?

some people just have that kind of talent for composition. they just hear the songs, each and every part of them, in their head and they immediately get to work writing them out. it's pretty amazing to watch. one of the winger guys, i think its kip winger himself, is like that. i read an interview with reb beach, and he said kip heard the entire album in his head early on. so they went to the studio, and they wrote and recorded the entire thing in just 3 weeks. its pretty good too, if you're into that. personally, i thought they always got kicked around more than they deserved, especially given how talented they are.
Quote by Nightfyre
one of the few bands i know that are simultaneously underrated and overrated. good, but not great imo. their songs feel a little loose to me. by that, i mean that the parts don't necessarily fit as well as they should. acoustic passages that don't quite fit, clean vocals that seem forced, structures that never seem to pull together... definitely a band with potential though. i have high hopes for their next album.
not a bad band, just not quite as tight musically as i would like. i'm pretty picky, though.

Yeah, I also agree with this. In some songs they are all over the place and they don't flow well at all. I wouldn't ecpect a new album from these guys until late 08.
Scar Symmetry is a great band. The singer (I forgot his name. Mikael something, right?) is great at growling and singing and I love the keyboards. I only have Pitch Black Progress and need to get Symmetric In Design.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
awesome band, although not best overall death metal, certainly are up there for melodeath
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Yup, I dig them.
I discovered them about 6 months ago, and I still cant get enough of them.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by tehbensonzorz
meh, i saw em live with some other bands and i wasnt particularly impressed. them and The Haunted ruined the show.

what!!?

the haunted are amazing live!
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
The singer has an awesome set of pipes. The chorus of "Choasweaver" when he goes from pretty brutal death grunts to clean vocals is fucking ownage.
For some reason the vocals remind me of Mikael Åkerfeldt , even though there certainly different... odd.

EDIT: The growling.
One of the better melodic death metal bands around these days, I think. They do proper death as well as mix in some 80s/power metal bits - but the Gothenburg roots are clearly heard in their solos, the resemblance to Soilwork and In Flames is quite obvious. Quite a mixup of subgenres, I like them.
I'm a communist. Really.
Great band. Supported by my website, we built a very active forum for the band. Their vocalist is incredibly talented.
Pitch Black Progress is fantastic.

The drummer's pretty amazing, too. I think he drums and does vocals for Theory in Practice.
Scar Symmetry is a quite good band.

Symmetric In Design was a great album, Pitch Black Progress was good as well.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Quote by Dogruitag
which album would you recommend?

they are both pretty similiar, but I personally think pitch black progress is a lot better. but you cant really go wrong with either.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
amazing band....type them in youtube and they do a fpe-tv lesson doing "the illusionist" solo....pretty awesome...and the vocalists growls ...wow...