i have an Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul Custom and have recently put some new Ernie Ball strings on it, I went on a school trip for a week (Isle of Arran 23rd-29th anyone there?) and when I got back they were totally f*cked!!! Really dirty and hard to play so I bought a Swipe Card thingy (biggest waste of a fiver EVER), anyone got any top tips for keeping em beautiful without spending A PENNY, I really can't spend anymore money on crap!!!
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Put it in a guitar case when your not playing it for an extended period of time.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
Yeah I have a stagg fitted case with a fluffy lining, thats why its so odd!
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Thats not normal. They shouldn't go like that for months and months. Either someone has been using it nearly non-stop whilst you were away, your case is somehow a little damp inside, or the strings are faulty. Replace them, and see if the same thing happens again.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone