I don't know if any of you have seen this story. Here's two sides of it:

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/11682/NY/US/RSS/
http://www.marvinandjohnny.com/article9.html

Basically, what (if any) should be the penalty to beating a peacock to death? This guy's facing three years in prison as a schizophrenic. Is that too harsh or not harsh enough?
I wrote a song named 'The Peacock'.
Anyway, a man that abuses animals like that is not far away from doing it to a human, so I think the penalty should either remain or be extended.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Thats really sad...Three years is not enough, anyone that sadistic needs to be locked away and buggered until theyre a quivering vegetable.
Meh, tbh when i saw the thread title i immediately thought "that's well to long" but bassistgal has a point, anyone who beats a peacock to death is probably a right wanker and deserves whatever he gets.
According to a law enforcement source, Potts told cops, "I don't see what the big [expletive] deal is about this bird. It had negative energy. It came out of the darkness, so I kicked it."
This guy shouldn't have to go to prison. He's got mental problems and should be in an asylum instead. And expletive?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
i lived in rancho palos verdes for 5
years and the place was littered with
peacocks. they bug the hell out of you
with their cawing and they even pulled
a B&E by tearing open our screen door.

it probably deserved it.

it's still ****ed up though.
Quote by _Mayday_
"I'm killing a vampire."

They killed it at a Burger King? WTF was a peacock doing at a Burger King anyway?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by _Mayday_
"I'm killing a vampire."

Shouldn't he undergo mental evaluation before they send him off to jail?

"The homeless Tottenville man who fatally bludgeoned a peacock that he claimed was a vampire is a diagnosed schizophrenic who was treated at South Beach Psychiatric Center last fall, his mother said yesterday."
Who dat?
hey maby the peacock attacked him first. its was probably just self defense. or maby the peacock had a gun and he considered it a threat and heroicly beat the peacock so it didnt shoot anybody.
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
he doesn't need imprisonment, though that is horrible what he did. he needs institutional psychiatric help, before he becomes even worse. hopefully, he can get the treatment he needs, and will eventually be able to lead a "normal" life.

People were feeding the peacock French fries right before John Potts allegedly began beating it and screaming "I'm killing a vampire."

Give him the chair!!
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Institutionalizing someone is sometimes a worse punishment than jail, since if you're sentenced to a mental institution, they can keep you as long as they want.
Hi, I'm Peter
In most cases, it's voluntary.

Quite a few people I know purposefully get institutionalized (for brief periods of time), rather than staying in jail/prison. There is much more freedom, and you get out quicker.
Kind of off topic but, I remember hearing about a guy in New Jersey a few years ago that threw a bunch of bread in a parking lot to gather a lot of seagulls, and then ran them over with his car.
F E N D E R american stratocaster

Uncle Leo of the Seinfeld Avatar Club
John POtts is a hero! A demon hunter who works overtime killing vampires should be rewarded!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
It says he was mentally ill.

1. he was mentally ill
2. it *is* just a bird.

He should be locked up for his own (or his grandfather's) saftey...but not because he almost killed a bird...3 years? **** off.

also...you treat these people...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by mr. jimmy
Kind of off topic but, I remember hearing about a guy in New Jersey a few years ago that threw a bunch of bread in a parking lot to gather a lot of seagulls, and then ran them over with his car.

Ya but seagulls are just ****ing annoying.
Also that is hilariously funny.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington