ok. so, i have this book to teach me to sight read. now, in normal usage, there would be a new treble clef symbol every line. but clearly in this book there is not. there is only a new treble clef every other line with a new key signature. this continues for about a page and a half before a large space, followed by more music (which indicates a definite new piece or new set of exercises).

I cannot work out whether this means that 1) that every couple of lines is a new piece of music/exercise in a different key, or 2) the treble clef is only there to accompany a key change (as can be seen by the key signature).

So can you please let me know, when a key change occurs is it normal practice to place a new clef symbol with the new key signature?

here is the picture.

Sheet Music Problem
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
yea dude i think that every two lines are the same excersize in a different key and that the space followed by more music is just another type of exersize
My gear
-Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro Black with push pull mods
-Epiphone Sg(shitty guitar)
-Ibanez Dreadnought acoustic
-Squire Strat(reallly reallly shitty)
-Line 6 Spider II 75
-FBV Express Pedal
-Dunlop 95q Crybaby Wah
I hate theory
but uh I have some experience
heres advice
*looks at TS post*
NO clue brah
untr00
Proper sheet music displays the clef at the beginning of each new line.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
That's odd. In all of my sheet music, there's a treble clef regardless of a key change, on every line. But when there is a key change, there will be a double line bar, with the new key on it.

I can't explain the treble clefs, though. Usually, it's on every line.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Lol that's some lazy writing, but its handwritten so I guess it can be forgiven. The key signature carries, the writer was just too lazy to make a cleft on every line. It looks like a double bar line at the end of the the 2nd and 4th line and the beginning of the 1st and 3rd. It's hard to judge out of context, but that either means they're segments/sections of the same piece or just different exercises.
yes I know its usually on every line. I said that in my original post, but as that is not the case, I need to know whether to play it straight through, or to stop every 2 lines.

anyways. thank you all for your help.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
Quote by thrash64
yes I know its usually on every line. I said that in my original post, but as that is not the case, I need to know whether to play it straight through, or to stop every 2 lines.

anyways. thank you all for your help.

Oh, each two lines are a separate exercise.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Oh, each two lines are a separate exercise.

yea thats what i was saying because each two lines are a different key so it makes since
My gear
-Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro Black with push pull mods
-Epiphone Sg(shitty guitar)
-Ibanez Dreadnought acoustic
-Squire Strat(reallly reallly shitty)
-Line 6 Spider II 75
-FBV Express Pedal
-Dunlop 95q Crybaby Wah