Searched all forums, only came up with a tab request.

Are there any other fans of him on this website? On another website I frequent, he has a pretty solid following, but here...

I love him. He's a great songwriter, lyricist, has a fantastic feel for melody and dynamics (in my opinion)... and he's a cynical jerk, like me!

So, anyone? Favourite albums? Solo vs Matthew Good Band? Anyone follow his blog? Thoughts on Hospital Music (streaming at matthewgood.org)

For anyone not familiar with him, Wikipedia him, then pick up the In A Coma compilation.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
You can probably tell I'm a fan. Avalanche is a wonderful piece of work. I just got Hospital Music today. I heard in on the website stream, but it's much better at 16-bit 44.1khz. Champions of Nothing is for sure the best track, I like how Matt's starting to get away from simple pop-rock style, albeit slowly.

I didn't think he had any British fans, here in Canada he's got quite a following.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
He is very good, I have his greatest hits cd and It was wonderful but I've noticed a lot of his stuff sounds the same so I was kind of turned off by that but he is still a very talented artist nonetheless.

Is his new Cd any good?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Garret.
He is very good, I have his greatest hits cd and It was wonderful but I've noticed a lot of his stuff sounds the same so I was kind of turned off by that but he is still a very talented artist nonetheless.

Is his new Cd any good?

He's got a really dominant voice, I find a lot of his acoustic stuff does in fact sound pretty similar, but the Matthew Good Band catalog is great, Avalanche is a brilliant record, and Hospital Music is much better than I expected. Even Born Losers is growing on me.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Awesome, I'm not alone!

Hospital Music is definately a good, strong album. As Muphin said, he's starting to back up from the singles-band esque style that did sort of marr a lot of his earlier albums... though Beautiful Midnight was thankfully as far from that as you can get.

And I'll admit that there is a lot of consistancy in his sound - I wouldn't say it detracts from him, though. He's just found his niche, so to speak. I listen to him for the strong songwriting and damn fine music more than his experimental side.

Besides, enough of my music is odd enough. To me, Matts straightforward, catchy style really is a breath of fresh air. And while it is catchy and often poppy... it's sincere, which ought to be a breath of fresh air for anyone.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Yup I search-barred this.

Beautiful Midnight is one of my top 3 all-time albums, so yeah, you could call me a fan.
I'm a big fan, I can't find Avalanche anywhere though and have yet to hear a lot of the tracks on it.
Quote by YYZ
I'm a big fan, I can't find Avalanche anywhere though and have yet to hear a lot of the tracks on it.

I got my copy from Futureshop (Canadian electronic store). It's an amazing album. Have you heard Near Fantastica and While We Were Hunting Rabbits? If not, you haven't lived.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I don't think this qualifies as a double post

I just bought six tickets to see "Matthew Good and his Band" in June and I can't wait! I missed the solo tour but this is 10 times better!
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I love Matthew Good. I don't know if it's because he's Canadian and I'm Canadian, but he's definitely my favourite alternative artist.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

^ Yeah, there isn't a track I skip when listening to it.

All time favourite on BM is definetly Load Me Up, first song I heard from it actually. Born to Kill is intense though.
It's all about While We Were Hunting Rabbits.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
It's all about While We Were Hunting Rabbits.

+1 fo sho. WWWHR is easily one of his strongest songs.
I learned Jenni's Song over last weekend, I'm doing Load Me Up today, who knows what's next?
matthew good is one of the best artists to come out of modern rock, and if you follow his blog you feel an almost... emotional attachment to him and his music.

every matt good album is in comparison to avalanche, and i think hospital music was one of his absolute best.

I saw him at the massey hall show where he recorded the now released on itunes live album and it totally captures the energy and emotion of seeing him live.

the Vancouver demos sound amazing, i can't wait for the new album.
Quote by strider_hein
matthew good is one of the best artists to come out of modern rock, and if you follow his blog you feel an almost... emotional attachment to him and his music.

every matt good album is in comparison to avalanche, and i think hospital music was one of his absolute best.

I saw him at the massey hall show where he recorded the now released on itunes live album and it totally captures the energy and emotion of seeing him live.

the Vancouver demos sound amazing, i can't wait for the new album.

Yeah man, did you catch Great Whales of Sea? It's my favourite of the demos he's posted up.
Hospital Music is amazing. Champions of Nothing is ridiculously good, and hits me everytime. I missed out seeing him last year, I hope I get the chance to someday.