Well I just started about a month ago with an electric guitar, I had an acoustic before. but I don't get what the tone knobs on the guitar are for. I've put em both on 1 and then both on 10 to see if i could hear a difference, but I can't. Maybee my ear isn't disciplined enough, but I really can't hear a difference. Maybee they arent working right? couse they dont make a difference at all.

cheers.
They roll the top end off. Put on the neck pickup, and keep the tone at 10. Then roll the tone knob(for the neck pup) down to 1. You will notice it kind of hollows out and loses a ton of treble.
whoa, I didn't really understand that. I'm new to electric guitar and i didn't understand all that stuff about the neck and stuff.
Do you have a switch on your guitar? It controls what pickups are on and which ones are off. When you set it to the uppermost position, you only turn on the neck pickup. Likewise, the most bottom position is only the bridge pickup.

Then I think adjusting the tone is self explanatory: Try it at 10, and turn it to 1 while playing the exact same thing. Itll sound different. Itll be like someone cut all the treble... kinda.
Tone Knob is how Clapton gets his signature sound. =)

Too many people go the route of pedals to try and achieve a sound, when all they have to do is be patient and work with their guitar and amp for the most part.
yeah i have a switch on my guitar. except on my guitar the one bottom most position turns on all the pickups, or at least i think so.
the upper most one makes it so that i hear the top three strings alot, and i dont really hear the bottom 3.
i play with it on the bottommost position and the tone knobs don't make a difference. were should i play it to hear the difference?
the problem may well be your amp, i used to have one of those. you cant do anything with it. when i got a different amp my guitars sounded like they should. the tone knobs make quite a lot of difference now. id recomend you do away with it and get a different one. best thing i ever did.
yeah i have a switch on my guitar. except on my guitar the one bottom most position turns on all the pickups, or at least i think so.
the upper most one makes it so that i hear the top three strings alot, and i dont really hear the bottom 3.
i play with it on the bottommost position and the tone knobs don't make a difference. were should i play it to hear the difference?

Dunno your exact model, but that's not how the pickup selector works...if you can tell us the exact model, or take a pic, we'll be able to tell you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the problem may well be your amp, i used to have one of those. you cant do anything with it. when i got a different amp my guitars sounded like they should. the tone knobs make quite a lot of difference now. id recomend you do away with it and get a different one. best thing i ever did.

yeah i got it becouse the dude at the guitar center said it was good for practicing at home, and it was one of the only ones in my budget.. then i started reading some reviews on it and they all said it sucked :S

Dunno your exact model, but that's not how the pickup selector works...if you can tell us the exact model, or take a pic, we'll be able to tell you.

its an axl marquee sro
http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000006082.jpg
trade your amp in for a roland cube 15. about the same price, if not cheaper. but 10 times better.